Author: PPsally

Should I remain friends with my ex?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-6-19 21:40:25 |Display all floors
PPsally Post time: 2014-6-19 14:49
Thanks, you're right. It's just that he's a still fine person to talk to. He knows me more than an ...

Yes you should cut all ties.  It will hurt but in the end you won't be torturing yourself and can move forwards and find a decent man.  While you carry pain and suffering any man you date will be "second best" in many ways and that's not fair on you or him.

Walk away, cut the strings and move on.  It might sound harsh but it's honestly the best way to deal with a situation like this.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 22:46:24 |Display all floors
xuedongi60 Post time: 2014-6-18 20:01
As a Chinese man,I think that you'd better do not remain friend with him.It is very unsmart.As a say ...

I think you are right.Your words is wonderful!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 22:47:21 |Display all floors
heroes521 Post time: 2014-6-19 22:46
I think you are right.Your words is wonderful!

Great minds think alike

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-20 00:07:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-20 04:55:36 |Display all floors
You should not stay friends with him, Sally.

For one thing, you might become The Other Woman, and ruin his current relationship.

Let him know that if he wants to come back to you, he has to be single and be willing to give it an honest try. (You both should read the book 'The 5 Love Languages' first.)

In America, we have a movie from the 80s called 'When Harry Met Sally', featuring Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan. Billy Crystal's character (Harry) has a part in which he theorized that a man and a woman cannot REALLY be friends, because at some point, the man will want to have sex with the woman and mess it up. I think there's some truth to that, ESPECIALLY when the people were romantically involved previously.

Now, let me just quote a couple things, to clarify it:

"...But it's all too late. I know he'll never get back to me. He said that we still could be friends.  Could we really be firends?"

(later)

"He kissed me just like before. I'm so confused with this "relationship". What was he thinking?"

You see? Harry was right!

Good luck, Sally. But not with him, I think. ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-20 07:38:11 |Display all floors
[THIS IS A SHARED ACCOUNT] Our success symbolizes loyalty to our country. Dedication, hard work, routine builds character. In a world full of snakes, ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-20 08:52:58 |Display all floors
[THIS IS A SHARED ACCOUNT] Our success symbolizes loyalty to our country. Dedication, hard work, routine builds character. In a world full of snakes, ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.