Views: 5553|Replies: 18

Should I remain friends with my ex?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-18 17:32:27 |Display all floors
I and my ex broke up 2 years ago. At the time, I didn't have any feelings for him. But the strange thing is that my love feelings for him started growing again after he found his new girlfriend last year. But it's all too late. I know he'll never get back to me. He said that we still could be friends.  Could we really be firends?

But one day this year, he asked me to go out to KTV with him when he passed by the city where I'm living in. He kissed me just like before. I'm so confused with this "relationship". What was he thinking?

Is it a smart idea to remain friends with him?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-18 20:01:49 |Display all floors
As a Chinese man,I think that you'd better do not remain friend with him.It is very unsmart.As a saying goes,it is the best which you do not get.You should think clearly whether you truly love him or not.Do not make an excuse to cheat yourself and others if you do not keep a mind which as a friend,you can do it?I feel you CAN NOT,neither he is.Please keep a clear boundary with him.Maybe you can not find a new boyfriend.Most of boys can not accept that you keep contact with your ex-,let alone,you and your ex have some intimacy(kiss).For him,he should break up with his current girlfriend if he sincerely wants to keep a relationship with you.A man can not have a foot in two boats at the same time(人不能脚踏两只船,I do not know whether my  translation is right or not).The worse result is that he is cheating you.Think clearly before you make a decision.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 01:46:36 |Display all floors

An old topic, seems a make up story but i have some questions for you PPSally ( i hope this time u reply me bcoz most of times you don´t dare to do ti)

If you broke up with him, why you let him kiss you as before?
why do you want to be his friend now?
Is summer a good season to break up a relationship?

If you keep thinking to be his friend and to be kissed from him ( knowing he has a gf)

You will end being his ¨friend with benefits¨

Keep you dignity up.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 13:27:23 |Display all floors
it is so hard to explain the relationship between girls and boys...but I just want to tell you that the active of your ex-boyfriend is never respect you and her present girlfriend ...so he should not be deserved your love ,,,so cant not be a friend ...thinking twice ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 14:46:02 |Display all floors
xuedongi60 Post time: 2014-6-18 20:01
As a Chinese man,I think that you'd better do not remain friend with him.It is very unsmart.As a say ...

Right, I would break up with him if I were his current girlfriend.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 14:49:52 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2014-6-19 01:46
An old topic, seems a make up story but i have some questions for you PPSally ( i hope this time u  ...

Thanks, you're right. It's just that he's a still fine person to talk to. He knows me more than anybody else. I don't know how he feels about me. Honestly, I once regretted breaking up with him. I'm still attracted to him.

Should I cut all strings with him for good? It will hurt

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-19 18:15:04 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2014-6-19 14:15

1. But one day this year, he asked me to go out to KTV with him when he
  2. passed by the city where I'm living in. He kissed me just like before.
  3. I'm so confused with this "relationship". What was he thinking?
Copy code

He likes you very much......but not enough as gf. No one lives forever.............carpe diem and enjoy the ride!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.