Views: 1571|Replies: 1

The moon from foreign countries isn't any rounder than home [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-7 14:54:11 |Display all floors
I really can't stand some of these people who come back from overseas and say that everything over there is better. They even say that the moon is rounder in foreign countries. It's typical blind admiration of foreign things.

For example, due to the food safety issue in China, some netizens made waves for declaring "I would rather eat foreign food even if it were poisoned." That's a bit too crazy. People buying imported food have blind faith in it only because of their distrust of domestic produce.

Whenever malignant cases occur, there will be someone who infinitely magnifies the incidences through the Internet, and criticizes that it is caused due to dictatorship or the system. If there is anything that just happens, there are a variety of rumors accusing the government of covering the truth from its people and helping the criminals. When a case investigation just finishes, doubts would rise. No matter who is caught, people would say the government just finds a scapegoat. Is that so interesting to do so again and again?

It is true that some countries do beat us in many ways, but it's also true that China has made real changes and its people are living a much better life nowadays.

There are many people who have grown up from rural area children to new urban young. We are fortunate to live in this great era; we are witnessing a revolutionary change; we are experiencing this oriental civilization counterattacking the Western hegemony. This particular era gives us a special mission that must be completed: that is to make this nation and state right, after suffering from a hundred years, we have to make it right.

It's also a good thing to concern about our motherland, but there is no logic to think everything is better in other countries than in China. What do you think? If someone around you thinks like this, what would you say to him/her?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-8 02:30:06 |Display all floors
The Moon is rounder, , what stories people tell each other.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.