Author: lt1322min

Is college even worth it?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-7 10:18:44 |Display all floors
A hundred years' ago a person can still become successful without much education. The world population was alot smaller then. What one need then was just been enterprising and hardworking. There was so much opportunities that virtually everything we venture turns to gold. Now the world population has grown so big and the cake has definitely sized down. Before one ventures into any new venture someone else has already gone into it. We don't have what we call the rat race then.
Education is a must now. The qualifications stays with us for life and do indeed influence us in our good judgement of our everyday life. Take that education opportunity and not misses that chance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-7 11:29:01 |Display all floors
I just want to provide  a question why on earth did the china's education system  ?in what ways should we do for this reformation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-7 11:31:51 |Display all floors
I just want to provide a question why on earth did the China's education system ?in what ways should we do for this reformation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-7 17:29:00 |Display all floors
Why limit yourself to looking for a job when there are a great many others in the same line. With all those new marbles inside your head you have an advantage over non educated individuals. Provided your education is geared for it, open your own business by yourself or with others. If the costs for a start-up are to great  you can always wait in line, as many do, for that elusive high paying job. Sometimes you have to settle for less when you first enter the workplace, rather than expecting more because you earned a degree. Until then, be happy your abilities can attract employers looking for someone with an education.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-9 07:22:06 |Display all floors
For a lot of people I would say no. Their time might have been better spent in learning a trade. Pay is higher and if you are good at it you never lack for employment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-9 08:23:19 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2014-6-9 04:27

No, not really if your primary mission is to use a college education to secure a job. If you are looking to learn various things and be amongst people that are looking to learn and interrogate, YES!!

I agree that education has been cheapened........all the gaokao non sense.....roll up roll up, pay up, here's your degree.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-9 08:24:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2014-6-9 04:27
dusty1 Post time: 2014-6-6 10:40
Depends on the degree, my wife was a Chinese doctor, in Australia her degree meant nothing, she had  ...

I'm sure her degree meant something. What about her English language ability at the time and bedside manner?....it is about parlaying anything into something in the face of opposition. Vested interests and all that...Local drs will fight to secure their niche
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.