Author: truthbetold1

Is generosity with money = Love?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-2 09:00:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ElinaT at 2014-6-2 09:09
artdio Post time: 2014-6-2 08:20
Too most Chinese woman, yes it = LOVE

[backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]
[backcolor=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0)]You portray them as gold diggers. I beg to differ....they just need more security. It works all the same with any other nation.
Please don't tell me that you have not seen this in your home country as I am not going to believe you. Less wealthy nations need more security, comfort,etc. and money provides those. For the top dog counties money makes you what you are-they are a necessity to keep your position and stay where you are. In either case money has nothing to do with love. Although I've heard the expression: "His/her love of money ruined his/her life!":) money is the root of all evil....someone said somewhere

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-2 10:04:28 |Display all floors
ElinaT Post time: 2014-6-2 09:00
You portray them as gold diggers. I beg to differ....they just need more security. It  ...

I agree with you to some existent. However would you say that Chinese culture and way of thinking is exactly the same as that in most western countries. I think not, thats why we are all different is some respect.
For argument sake, I don't see many women in the west having prerequisite demands on house before marriage, I would say that many western women are more mentally independent and would not put these things at top value in a relationship. "Face" is a big part of Chinese culture and marrying into a good background, wealth, big house is great for image and reputation. Of course there are good diggers in many countries, but my point is directed at the mindset of general population.
Seems, you know a bit about western culture. So I ask you this…..
Can you image A Chinese woman wanting to marry a man with no house and meeting the parents of that woman, I think we both know the outcome to this. I believe most western parents will support the relationship a ask them to work "together in buying a house and making the home" This is the slight difference in culture. And back to you quote about women wanting to be more secure, then thats a big problem, why? because it takes out the equation on love. I think you can say honesty that many woman will find a guy and marry on the bases of feeling secure right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 16:33:42 |Display all floors
I don't think the guy who is generosity to you is the one love you. After all, money actually is the worthless thing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-4 17:18:19 |Display all floors
This is not sure, but economic can control many thing in some area.
www.rotarykiln-dajia.com   www.dajiakiln.com

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-5 03:02:35 |Display all floors
No......they want to impress you as they think you are money hungry and once you know they have money, you will be very accommodating.....or the money will be taken elsewhere

Spray the money about and watch them cling on
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-5 04:23:18 |Display all floors
My answer is: "Sometimes yes, it = love, and sometimes no, it doesn't = love."

It depends on the person too. Myself and my wife are a perfect example. She is very good with money. She saves money, invests money, and doesn't buy things she doesn't need. A side effect of that is that she's not generous with money, because being generous with money is not financially smart. She shows her love in other ways.

Me? I'm not so good with money. I buy things I like, just to make myself happy. I don't save as much as I should. I invest only a bit over the minimum for retirement. I'm generous with money in the form of gifts with family and friends. Buying nice gifts is one way I show money.

Sometimes, I buy my wife a nice gift, and she is not that happy. She's happy because she knows it is a show of love, but unhappy because it wasn't necessary. She said to me once: "That peacockery is not necessary."

She also married me even though her life in China was better (material-wise) than her life is here. But now, she has love. ;) So remember, it is not ALL Chinese women who focus a lot on money.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-5 09:13:35 |Display all floors
Smaug Post time: 2014-6-5 04:23
My answer is: "Sometimes yes, it = love, and sometimes no, it doesn't = love."

It depends on the pe ...

Smart comment. I think it exists globally that some superficial ladies focus on money and material, and more in China. But there are also some independent women in China. Different people with different mindset.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.