Author: knox1234

How students in the world spend their summer vacation?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-29 10:01:36 |Display all floors
laoren1234 Post time: 2014-5-28 18:41
I am in my sixties, and retired.

Wow, grandpa! Haha..
How did you find those jobs? By advertisements?
How do your grandchildren spend their holiday?Will you advice them to get a job?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 10:27:20 |Display all floors
Rush007 Post time: 2014-5-29 00:43
Travelling is the best choice. It is better than any courses you take. It is better to travel ten th ...

I agree that travel is the best! It can be done very cheaply  like backpacking, youth hostels and sleeper trains. However the best for me was when my company paid for it!
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 10:29:21 |Display all floors
winnie伊伊 Post time: 2014-5-29 01:29
if i have free  time , i want to Tibet for my desire.

Many foreigners hear of the mystique of Tibet. They also hear that sometimes foreigners are not welcome and need complicated permit by Govt and certainly not free to wander around!
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 13:17:31 |Display all floors
I lived in the UK and our university exams would finish by the end of May, if you were lucky start of May so you have almost 4 months of holidays, on my first year I did what I always do every summer and travelled to other countries with friends and my family, however not everyone can afford this, but i've always had a part-time job since I was 16 and paid for my whole education and my grand parents live in Portugal so I often stay with them.
During high school however my summers consisted of volunteer work as I enjoyed it and knew it was going to be helpful later on in life.
On my second year however I spent two months working on my dissertation, studying and doing research volunteer work, that winter I spent my winter holidays doing an internship in China.
During easter holiday I would always study as exams are normally a few weeks after and most coursework is in by then.
My little sister normally spends most of her holiday in summer day camp n her school, where they do school activities but more fun to prepare them for the next academic year. But we see holidays as a time to relax or spend time with family, so we always take a few days off regardless

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 14:23:29 |Display all floors
We don't have summer in Indonesia. In fact, it's either sunny or rainy days all year long in my country. On some holidays where it's sunny, we would go camping on the beach (or mountains, but I like beach better), cook fresh seafood we bought from local markets in nearby villages, sit around the campfire and talk, about life, about everything, whilst looking at the stars in the clear night sky, all night long.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 14:30:08 |Display all floors
Not every parents would put heavy study burden on children in China.When i was a student,i often spent my most of time hanging out with friends or traveling at home in summer vacation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 15:23:14 |Display all floors
moor_wanderer Post time: 2014-5-29 10:01
Wow, grandpa! Haha..
How did you find those jobs? By advertisements?
How do your grandchildren spe ...

My first summer job was at my university. I found it through a referral. My school was in Kansas, the central part of the U.S. By the second summer I wanted to see the other parts of the country. So I travelled to Washington State, the northwest corner of the U.S., for my second summer, the city of Chicago, the north central part, for my third summer, and New York State, the northeast part, for my fourth summer. These jobs were all found through the local job centers, i.e. employment agencies.
I have three grown sons, but no grand children yet. All my sons worked part time through the school year and either part time or full time in the summer. Some took some summer courses and some did a bit of traveling. They all left home for college and none of them really came back to live with us after that. Therefore I don't really remember or know for sure which one did what each summer.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.