Author: knox1234

How students in the world spend their summer vacation?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-28 16:37:10 |Display all floors
how old are you? Friend

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 17:12:46 |Display all floors
Nowadays, children are forced to the Youth Avtivity Center learning extra courses, in order not to fall behind. For me, I did part time during my summer vocation since my middle school. Then use the money to travel or support my school life. These work experiences make me more indepenndent now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 18:41:03 |Display all floors
james1057 Post time: 2014-5-28 16:37
how old are you? Friend

I am in my sixties, and retired.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 18:52:52 |Display all floors
In Pakistan Students spend summer vacations according to the circumstances.  Students who live in the cities, if their grandparents or other relatives live in village, the summer vacations are waited restlessly and eagerly…Other student from urban areas make plans to visit hilly areas to the south. Some parents make plans to keep their children busy, so they arrange some tuition etc.  But still summer vacations  is time for playing, travelling, eating….and little of homework……!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 23:39:58 |Display all floors
What jobs do students in UK do in the Summer? There is one difference from USA. There are not so many  student jobs in Starbucks and restaurants. These tend to use full-time staff year round. There are seasonal jobs of course - tourism industry is one!  I can illustrate by using me as an example. Not necessarily representative. I started working in summer after High School and before University. I was in Blackpool, a holiday resort so tourism job. I worked on the South Pier in an amusement arcade. Main job was sharing the Bingo Caller duty. If you do not know Bingo, google it. Weather was not always good, so visitors needed to pass time indoors, waiting for the rain to stop. So that's one example. More later!
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 08:43:01 |Display all floors
Travelling is the best choice. It is better than any courses you take. It is better to travel ten thousand miles than to read ten thousand books.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-29 09:29:05 |Display all floors
if i have free  time , i want to Tibet for my desire.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.