Author: english-learner

How to deal with your Chinese mother-in-law?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-29 23:26:28 |Display all floors
Yes,  How to deal with your Chinese mother-in-law is the most difficult issue for a Chinese man.
It is really a  lot of staff you should to do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-4 14:58:44 |Display all floors
unless the chinese mother-in-law already likes her daughter-in-law, otherwise, just forget it!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-7-6 07:16:28 |Display all floors
夏雨雪 Post time: 2014-5-26 18:12
Open your hearts to each other. Let your mother-in-law know what's in your mind and at the same time ...

WON'T WORK....
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2014-7-6 07:17:32 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-5-27 08:08
Give up and surrender, resistance is futile, your Chinese mother in law is always right, every singl ...

( Just remember what you are doing to her daughter )
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-22 10:05:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Lau.小西 at 2015-4-22 10:05

My system is pretty simple, I just pretend I can not understand her. So our relationship goes so smoothly!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-22 13:33:47 |Display all floors
The Chinese mothers-in-law are much worse than their western counterparts! They insist on telling their married daughters how to run their families, and their daughters are raised in such a way as to always agree with their mothers! That is called filial piety! You can't talk reason with a Chinese mother-in-law, she is always right, a right bestowed on her by the mere fact that she is your wife's mother! Worse still if you have children; the mil takes over the raising of the kids. It's not important that they are your children, what is important is that they are their grandchildren, and they have every right to raise them as they think fit, forget your protests!
A friend suggested that the only way to deal with the Chinese mother in law problem is to take your Chinese wife overseas. But that doesn't work because the Chinese daughters always want their mothers to go along too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-22 13:41:21 |Display all floors
Ashleighson Post time: 2014-5-29 17:10
We live with my husband’s parents. Actually, they give us plenty of space to do things as we please ...

"We live with my husband’s parents."

That is the biggest mistake you have made! Never live under the same roof as your Chinese in laws!
Suggest you get out fast before they ruin your life!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.