Views: 3050|Replies: 5

Hotels and foreigners in Tsingtao [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-25 14:42:09 |Display all floors
We are travelling around a bit and finally arrived in Tsingtao. So far I have to say that I am not overwhelmed. I had high expectations but these were crushed upon arrival at the train station.. The city-centre is full with construction sites (more than usual for a Chinese city) and even worse we had trouble to find a hotel.

Most hotels which are not one of these fancy high-class hotels do not want foreigners as guests. We ended up in a horrible place which got good reviews on Ctrip and forgot to mention that on their website.

What is their problem with外国人?

And does anybody know a proper hotel around the train station?

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-5-28 10:27:00 |Display all floors
It is not only Qingdao, many hotels in second and third tier cities will not accept foreigners.

The reason simply is they do not have the temporary registration slips for the police.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 16:43:35 |Display all floors
Ah, that might be an explanation.

But since when small businesses care much about such regulations? Or is it only hotels?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 17:59:18 |Display all floors
many business care about foreigner,but so far as you travel.it just effect you live,yes,hotels

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-28 20:52:17 |Display all floors
hey there are many train stations in Qingdao which one you are talking about? go on ctrip.com I always book my hotels and flights on there. and it has English version too, no way they don't accept foreingers , thats about money!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-31 13:42:15 |Display all floors
ask "raton" to give you shelter, he lives there....he even can some deutsch  
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.