Views: 4323|Replies: 9

What Relationship Are They? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-24 08:40:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by woerm at 2014-5-24 08:41

A and B sit at the same row in a bus. A is the one in long-sleeves shirt. B is the one in the short-sleeves shirt.
B says"Close the windows, please. I feel a bit cold."
"No, don't do that. The open is to let air in. Why do you wear a short-sleeves shirt?" A answers.
From the above, what relationship do you think they are and  tell how you judge it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-26 10:52:35 |Display all floors
A is a policeman who is taking B to prison. B wears a shirt with short sleeves to show that he is an honest criminal (he has no tricks up his sleeve.) B feels cold because the handcuffs were stored in a freezer and because he is sad and thinking of the next few years when he won't see his family or his girlfriend. He is thinking especially of his girlfriend because he knows the police officer very well and believes he will try to steal the girlfriend.

A, the police officer, likes the window open to taunt B, the prisoner, because he knows that, in prison, B won't have a choice of whether the windows are open or closed. A also taunts B by the window being open because they both know that this will be the last glimpse of freedom for a long time.

Life can be very cruel sometimes and B is actually innocent. He really did find the money in an alley because some bandits had thrown it there after they had robbed a bank and seen a lot of police men chasing them when their getaway car broke down.

Did I guess right?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-26 12:53:47 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2014-5-26 10:52
A is a policeman who is taking B to prison. B wears a shirt with short sleeves to show that he is an ...

Not the answer, but a very Fantastic Answer. Thanks. I narrow the range, a: Passser-by, b: Friends,c: boy-girl friend, d: husband-wife, e: classmates, f:colleagues.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-26 18:18:17 |Display all floors
husband and wife I think, physically stay together but mentally run separately.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 07:57:42 |Display all floors
Alexzhou Post time: 2014-5-26 18:18
husband and wife I think, physically stay together but mentally run separately.

Bingo! Absolutely right! It's a very interesting scene happened on my way to work in a bus.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 14:28:21 |Display all floors
woerm Post time: 2014-5-27 07:57
Bingo! Absolutely right! It's a very interesting scene happened on my way to work in a bus.

But I don't think all the married couples act that way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-27 17:00:39 |Display all floors
woerm Post time: 2014-5-27 07:57

No, it can't be. A man may wear a shirt but if a woman wears a shirt like garment, it is called a 'blouse'. You said that both people were wearing shirts so I must be right!

You are trying to cheat me out of the valuable prize for winning. Perhaps you are a friend of B, the criminal who was going to prison? Perhaps it's even worse! Perhaps you and A, the policeman, are friends and you want to keep the great prize and share it amongst yourselves?

I think I will tell my friends of your shenanigans. They are bandits who live in some caves in the mountains. They will capture you and make you sign a form to join the PLA for ten years! Your friend A, the policeman, will be relegated to sweeping streets and just writing parking tickets.

You have been warned. I demand that you give me my prize immediately!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.