Author: voice_cd

How to build a happy cross-cultural family?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-6-23 13:59:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-6-23 20:34:20 |Display all floors
I am Australian, my wife is Chinese my nephew is Chinese and my niece is Chinese. I have an Italian brother-in-law, British brother and sister-inlaws and a sister-in-law from Taiwan. We are a very multicultural family, we. Love having parties with the different culture and food. Later in the night we can turn into the Uniter Nations, with a lot of disagreements and stupid comments. As you know we just had a family wedding. My brother married a beautiful young lady from Taiwan, I wish them well.
Now back to me, ( look at me, look at me, look at me. :)  ) life here can be very difficult, we have many cultural clashes, the children cannot or are unable to do anything. They had to be taught to clean a shower and a toilet, as well as cleaning up after themselves. When I asked them a question the response is "In China our parents" my response is Your not in China, do I look Chinese and I disagree and hate the Chinese parenting style.
They now get and respond to the My parenting style, they have simple chores to do they get rewards for being good and punishment for being bad.
Over all we have a combination of both Chinese and Australian food. Friday night we had friends over for a party, all Chinese and a few Australia's all food Chinese, it was a great night.
Now the children are excited, this Friday is Winter school holidays and we will travel to China for 3 weeks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-24 08:54:04 |Display all floors
Understanding, good language skills that will be the basis to build a family or a cross- cultural family.

LISTEN  TO  YOUR  HEART

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-25 14:32:46 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-5-14 20:35
I am an American Caucasian married to a Chinese woman of Han descent. We love each other dearly. One ...

That maybe what the setence 'love me love my dog' expresses. I think 99% of Chinese woman have this kind of feeling, the only difference is the level.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-25 14:38:03 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2014-5-14 23:33
Place her above yourself.

Sorry, forgive my naughty thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-25 14:38:35 |Display all floors
chinalionfish Post time: 2014-6-25 14:32
That maybe what the setence 'love me love my dog' expresses. I think 99% of Chinese woman have t ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-6-25 14:39:18 |Display all floors
chinalionfish Post time: 2014-6-25 14:32
That maybe what the setence 'love me love my dog' expresses. I think 99% of Chinese woman have t ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.