Views: 35200|Replies: 66

What's the most inappropriate question you've been asked?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-13 16:12:09 |Display all floors
Foreigners are used to getting questioned in China. Some of the most common ones include where are you from? Are you studying or working here? How much do you earn? Are you married? Do you like China?  What do you think of Chinese people? You may find some of the questions uncomfortable or embarrassing, but just remember they don’t mean any harm. Just curious what is the most inappropriate or embarrassing question you have been asked in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 13:30:21 |Display all floors
“我想要一个混血儿。你愿意吗?”
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 15:25:10 |Display all floors
Zoggles Post time: 2014-5-14 13:30
“我想要一个混血儿。你愿意吗?”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 15:39:31 |Display all floors
Since my chopstick skills were far from any good (many years back) I blushed when a nice young women asked me "Quote" Do you want a foook to table? "Unquote"  I answered yes and a knife also please.
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 20:32:36 |Display all floors
The most inappropriate question I have been asked in China is the missing question. 11 years in, 2 weeks remaining, maybe. I'm the living logician who corrected the definition of if. Can't say it more simply.
Jennifer Han Zhenhao

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 22:01:40 |Display all floors
For me it was being asked at English corner how much I earned. I gave a bland answer like "enough" but was then asked it again and I did say that it was an inappropriate question but that seemed to go right over their head, however they did not ask again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-14 22:05:16 |Display all floors
If the question I am asked involved my privacy, definitely I will get uncomfortable.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.