Views: 6566|Replies: 12

Forum trends:China's leftover women-intelligent and charming[10]- Chinadaily.com   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-12 09:55:55 |Display all floors
deeds61 (US)

No one is "left over" unless they want to be. I am older then most here, but feel I have something to offer a lady. I think same goes for all the single women in China also. Respect yourself and it will work out in the end.

Seven false stereotypes about the Chinese
No house, no marriage?
How to live peacefully with a Chinese wife

The original post:http://bbs.chinad ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 09:55:58 |Display all floors
I'm Chinese and the term "leftover" makes me sick. First of all, nobody (well, maybe except my parents) have the right to comment on or judge whether or not I should get married. Second, even if I choose not to get married, it may be due to a number of reasons, other than just "nobody wants me." This term shows that men still consider themselves to be superior, and the fact that you don't marry makes you inferior and that no man wants you. This is absolutely ridiculous. Last, the term "marry" carries neutral meanings, but in Chinese, many people say "你怎么还没嫁出去", showing that women are trying their best to "marry themselves out" to men. I'm not asking Chinese people to be like Westerners, but to at least respect personal choice and privacy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 10:12:21 |Display all floors
Every woman is special and beautiful.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 11:51:10 |Display all floors
The term "left over" are usually used by people who are crass, uneducated and mean. I think it will be much less used as time goes by.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 19:07:32 |Display all floors
We should not call ladies as leftovers that is degrading .such label may cause some ladies to jitter and go into unwarranted marriage .
Such name is dehumanising and out of the gear .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-12 21:54:13 |Display all floors
just respect our inner thoughts,there is no one can define our life except ourselves.i also want to know who is the sick genius create the term of leftover woman!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-13 10:41:45 |Display all floors
Except for one liar- everyone that I have met are awesome. Calling them "leftover" sounds like middle school bullying to me. Won't respond to such petty sentiments.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.