Author: Magicjoe

What was it like to meet would-be parents-in-law for the first time?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-9 17:17:15 |Display all floors
周忠 Post time: 2014-5-9 13:59
yes, parents'worry is can be understood.

Yeah, I understand them totally.
Everyone of us, men or women, laowai or Chinese, has to go through it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 17:18:01 |Display all floors
I think there should be a lot to talk about on this topic. What's your experience? folks

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-5-9 17:36:23 |Display all floors
Magicjoe Post time: 2014-5-9 17:15
Wow, incredible. You're "Laowai" too?

How did you charm them?

I'm not a "laowai", I am a "waiguoren".

And I'm just a charming person
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 18:10:31 |Display all floors
Yeah .
Its raining in Gz now just indoors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 20:33:40 |Display all floors
My wife was 50 years old, divorced in China and nobody to look forward to in her life. Her mother was the cold one to me.
Very traditional, stubborn. It took three trips to China before she would open up to me. Her father was cool and very open along with her two brothers. Her niece was already living here in Hawaii going to school. Reports from the niece and her brothers that she is being treated good, even spoiled and most of all very happy are constantly being sent back to her parents.
Just give it time and love.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 11:14:47 |Display all floors
Azindoo Post time: 2014-5-9 09:15
That's how it is .parents would have some fear given their daughters out to foreigners that is norma ...

same or different country doesn't make any difference.when you love there shouldn't be any boarders.you don't want to tell me all the girls married to chinese are treated well especially as they all live in china.i sometimes think we shouldn't give a code of life to our children.a foreigner married to a chinese and living in china doesn't guarantee any good treatment by the husband.is just a matter of comprehension and compromise.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-10 11:21:59 |Display all floors
i failed all the "test" deliberately because the first question was a heart attack."have you bought a house already".i was torn to pieces with a question like that.followed by really tempting questions that i couldn't stand.i was told i must spend my whole life in china as if i don't have a family that will miss me too.how much is your salary?imagine.good enough,she is married now but still keeping in touch and her stories makes me weep for her.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.