Views: 7393|Replies: 18

What was it like to meet would-be parents-in-law for the first time?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-5-7 17:47:18 |Display all floors
Meeting the parents for the first time can be every lover’s nightmare. It is nerve wracking, and the pressure to please and make a great first impression can make for some excruciating moments.

It's all true for my case. My girlfriend and I had been together for more than 2 years before I met her parents for the first time, because we went undercover in the first year and half, as she told me that her parents wouldn't let her to marry a man from another country.

She explained that her parents would be worried that their single child would have to follow me to go back to Manila, and besides they don't like Filipinos. She reassured that she would wait until she turns to be a "left-over" woman, so that her parents won't push her to marry anyone they favor. I was upset, but I knew it must be very difficult for her to tell.

The inevitable thing happened when her mother discovered after she checked her text box. Things went exactly as she predicted, her parents were strongly against our relationship in the beginning. Then half a year later, they finally agreed to see me.

You never know how intense my feelings were, but the meeting turned out to be fine. I sort of passed the "test" by answering two of her father's questions:
1 What shortcomings do you think she has?
2 What is it that you like her about?

Guess what I said to win their approval.

How was yours? guys. What was it like to meet would-be parents-in-law for the first time? Share your stories please.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 09:15:13 |Display all floors
That's how it is .parents would have some fear given their daughters out to foreigners that is normal .
If i were her ,I 'd be worried too .
Parents worry because , the daughter is leaving to a different country and would her lover treat her well ?
Its raining in Gz now just indoors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 10:32:17 |Display all floors
the answer

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-5-9 12:09:51 |Display all floors
Parents love me so I never had this problem
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 13:59:07 |Display all floors
yes, parents'worry is can be understood.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 17:14:34 |Display all floors
Azindoo Post time: 2014-5-9 09:15
That's how it is .parents would have some fear given their daughters out to foreigners that is norma ...

How did your first meeting go?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-5-9 17:15:38 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-5-9 12:09
Parents love me so I never had this problem

Wow, incredible. You're "Laowai" too?

How did you charm them?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.