Author: english-learner

A North Korean woman under the lense of a French photographer   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-28 06:58:05 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-4-28 01:43
Just like all the other photos published of NK.  Only time large crowds of people are seen is at m ...

And doesn't everyone look happy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-28 10:10:45 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-4-28 06:58
And doesn't everyone look happy

Would you be happy if you had to look at Kimmy's ugly mug?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-4-28 10:41:48 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-4-27 08:02
Ms Kim seems to be a particularly stubborn indoctrinated case; I wish she may one day broaden her na ...

And that goes double for all the westerners who worship their capitalist masters.
Although I don't hold out much hope for you.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-4-28 11:00:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-4-28 13:01

i think the comments about this series of pictures reveal more about the indoctrined mind of those writing them than anything about North Korea. It however does reveal how they hold their leaders in high esteem because they actually do something useful and for the people. The photographer surely did not know that his translater was being 'rewarded' for 'good behaviour'! Hilarious!
Even the comment about the soldier - as a 'servant' of the people is typical of the long standing ancient culture! I can relate to it. It is a positive statement that has been typically twisted by translation into a negative here - classic western propaganda. Even the king of olden times called himself the 'servant' of the people - those he was there to serve, playing a role as a leader and having real responsibilities! Look at the buffoons elected as 'leaders' currently around the world, who lord it over their and other peoples more so than many kings of old yore!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-28 11:09:20 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-28 11:00
i think the comments about this series of pictures reveal more about the indoctrined mind of those w ...

If Kimmy boy has done so much for his people then why not let the world see it?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-4-28 11:11:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2014-4-27 19:12
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-27 19:00
i think the comments about this series of pictures reveal more about the indoctrined mind of those w ...

All you hear from the forum members making the derogatory remarks, the same ones who
constantly complain about immoral sexual displays in public, decadent consumerism, people acting
selfishly, butting in lines, disorderly crowds, dangerous and disrespectful drivers, clogged city streets...
on and on. You know the ones.
Yet when a model society is shown full of order and cooperation they lambast that for no other
reason that it is communist.
Who are the indoctrinated ones?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-28 11:16:09 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2014-4-28 11:11
All you hear from the forum members making the derogatory remarks, the same ones who
con ...

why'd you bother about the "SMALL MAN"

old Chinese idiom - DON'T BOTHER about the ANIMAL, MACHINE, demons, devils//it's like the BRITISH - REMAIN CALM, and CARRY ON!

cHEERIOS!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.