Author: english-learner

A North Korean woman under the lense of a French photographer   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-27 16:27:17 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Unimpressed: Miss Kim was annoyed to hear of an American website that claimed people on the metro are actors. 'I hate Americans!' she responded. 'Would you like to visit a foreign country?' Lafforgue asks her. 'Yes Mr Eric, I would like to visit England,' she replies. Despite her English skills, however, she says she won't be travelling to the US any time soon. 'No,' she insists. 'I only speak England’s English!'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-27 16:29:54 |Display all floors
Miss Kim is, however, a fan of films, according to Lafforgue. 'My favourite film is Sea of Blood,' she told him. Asked what it's about, she added: 'It’s about the mass killings perpetrated by the Japanese against our people.'
1.jpg

Trying something new: Miss Kim tries her hand at using Lafforgue's camera and says she loves playing computer games when she's at home

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-27 16:31:00 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Burgers explained: Miss Kim deciphers the menu for photographer Lafforgue during a visit to a Pyongyang restaurant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-27 16:31:50 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Tasty: Miss Kim tucks in during a barbecue lunch in a Pyongyang park. The English student says she would like to visit the UK one day

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-27 16:32:56 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Family: Although Miss Kim doesn't cycle, many in the countryside do as this photo (left) reveals.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-27 16:34:23 |Display all floors
2.jpg

North Koreans still venerate leaders Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-27 16:37:33 |Display all floors
2.jpg

North Koreans still venerate leaders Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.