2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-29 19:03:44 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2014-4-29 18:59
PFFFT  like they would have him

Not like China is desperate for people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-29 20:51:09 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-4-29 11:19
I agree, but it all comes back to the family environment and the socioeconomic situation the child ...

One of the biggest problems I had when in school, was the fact that the teachers didn't make it interesting enough to want to learn. At times I questioned why we need to learn things. Granted, those were times when the school system was just pushing kids out the door. I'm happy I did well, but the results of graduating kids from their grade level when it's obvious they haven't achieved their goals have left many under educated adults.
Sometime I wonder if this is the way our government and businesses would want it... A steady stream of low wage workers to fuel the corporate fires. It makes sense when you see that there aren't enough high paying jobs for all to fill. Some/most have to fill the the somewhat bottomless void that one could say amounts to slavery. Meaningless jobs with low wages that cannot keep up with inflation seems to be the way businesses want it. The income disparities between the wealth and the poor continues to expand. Meanwhile, our Law makers plan on opening the gates to more low wage earners. I have seen lots of jobs eliminated then the replacements come in at a significantly lower pay rate. The other option that has been very popular is to outsource the jobs overseas. So, as we continue this trend by increasing the low wage workforce and outsourcing, those at the top do well financially while those at the bottom need to work harder and more to survive. We put on a good show when it comes to saying all emphasis is on higher education, but fail when it comes to employing them. Hence, here in the States we are straddled with over educated people working a low wage job. If that isn't bad enough, the student loans these kids have are falling behind in payments. Higher education seems to be a much higher price than it's worth now days! I wonder if this is another way our leaders plan on keeping people at lower levels of income???  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-30 06:09:33 |Display all floors
SDIvester Post time: 2014-4-29 20:51
One of the biggest problems I had when in school, was the fact that the teachers didn't make it in ...

Most teachers try to relate everything to the real world. Maths connected with the real world. Just watching TV I am surprised students are not taught not to touch guide dogs, as I was in school. I never noticed this.
Mythology was taught, it was a police of a whole education. In Australia we have 1 education system, controlled by the Federal government, with minor state government difference to make it revelent to where the student is learning.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-30 22:59:03 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-4-30 06:09
Most teachers try to relate everything to the real world. Maths connected with the real world. Jus ...

I remember school as being a machine and a prison. Dress codes, homework, and nobody got a free ride. It was very boring to sit in class all day and suffer from the repetitiveness.  We learned well, while failing to have the resources of today's students. I'm wondering if handing things on a silver platter and allowing them to use calculators and computers will eventually be a thorn on our butts. We are definetely showing them the easy route to success, and most likely the way the future will be for them, but we neglect to teach them that working hard builds brain cells. Have you noticed that some of our kids have difficulties counting change at the receiving end of a cash register? Thank God that today's equipment does the counting for them.
BTW, we seem to have lost the subject matter regarding Gun Laws. Not that falling off tract isn't the norm in this forum. One could say that due to the parenting or lack of in today's society, I would worry about anyone having a gun. It's an easy way to get yourself out of trouble, especially when you don't have the ability to think things out prior to pulling a trigger. My personal opinion with the gun laws, is that we don't need guns in our homes. I don't know of any individual that hasn't at one time or another that hasn't thought of hurting someone when tempers really get hot. That being said, can we really trust anyone when it comes to a fit of rage? I don't think so...  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.