Author: JFenix

Does China Discriminate Against Males?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-25 05:28:37 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2014-4-25 05:19
I will qq my Office Women in SZ that question and see what she says, and paste her reply in the mo ...

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-25 11:15:46 |Display all floors
From all my experiences here in China over roughly the last ten years, there is no difference in salary due to gender, only due to qualifications, ability or experience.
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-25 11:37:18 |Display all floors
Australia does

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-25 11:50:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vf84tcat at 2014-4-25 13:00
messi30 Post time: 2014-4-25 03:19
Discrimination in China is every where.

and for males of course

No she did not answer the question because she has never been to China but she wants to imply she knows China as though she has.

She started this thread soley for the purpose of declaring China NEVER discriminates against males only females. She said males in China are always the "top dog" and get the best of everything. This of course is not true China discriminates against both males and females but she is a feminist and hoping to frame this discussion for the benefit of women only.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-25 12:21:59 |Display all floors
China clearly discriminates against males at security checkpoints. It says females can search males but males cannot search females not even with the hand-held-metal detector which never touches her body. That is a policy that favors the trustworthiness of one gender over another so by definition it is gender discrimination.

Since the policy is not voluntary it effectively says:
1.) ALL males (like animals) cannot be trusted around females
2.) ALL males (like animals) have no concern for dignity therefore they won't mind if a female searches them.

After traveling the world for more than 40 years I can honestly say virtually no other countries allow these assumptions or this policy.

Jfenix somehow reasoned China was not committing gender discrimination because it was against males. But she did complain that Saudia Arabia discriminates against females because it will not let them drive cars.

Just like China's policy is motivated by gender Saudia Arabia's policy is also motivated by gender. By definition any policy formulated by considerations for only one gender is defacto gender discrimination.  She said it was ok for China to discriminate against males but it was not ok for Saudia Arabia to discriminate against females.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-25 12:53:10 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-4-25 05:18
The cat is convinced that china see ALL males like they are animals.

I just have a hard time believ ...

Don't you think it's important to point out the context of your statement: "china see ALL males like they are animals"? Or do you consider details to be unimportant?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-25 12:55:48 |Display all floors
Zoggles Post time: 2014-4-25 11:15
From all my experiences here in China over roughly the last ten years, there is no difference in sal ...

That's what I've seen too.

Jfenix was saying that males (assuming ALL males) are "Top Dog" in China and always treated better than females. That is clearly not true

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.