- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 596 Hour
- Reading permission
seneca Post time: 2014-4-27 10:31
Your post is one of the most cynical I have read here, almost worse than the propaganda coming f ...
I know you feel strongly about the DL but I am afraid the propaganda, in this case, is served best by the West (there is of course some propaganda from the CCP too, let's not fool ourselves).
First, and to clarify, the DL called for the extermination of every last Chinese in Tibet, not in the rest of China.
I take my sources from :
- SHAKYA T. (1999), « The Dragon in the Land of Snows. A History of Modern Tibet Since 1947 »
- ANDRUGTSANG G.T. (1973), « Four Rivers, Six Ranges. Reminiscences of the Resistance Movement in Tibet ». This one is published by the "Information and Publicity Office of H.H. the Dalai Lama"
- PEISSEL M. (1972), “The Secret war in Tibet”
- WISE D. (1973), « The Politics of Lying: Government Deception, Secrecy and Power »
- KNAUS J.K (1999), « Orphans of the Cold War. America and the Tibetan Struggle for Survival »
In 1950, after the "liberation" of Tibet, Washington was very scared that Moscow's influence would reach India (at the time China was more or less taking its orders from Moscow). The USA did not want to have to deal with a communist Russia, a communist China and a communist India. They offered to support Tibet's independance and trained, from 1957 Tibetan soldiers in their camps in Colorado. They also started, from 1957, to parachute weapons, ammo and communication materials in Tibet. This is what led to the takeover of 1959 and why the DL fled in the first place. Between 1957 and 1961, over 12,000 Tibetans soldiers have been trained and armed by the US army, over 250 tons of weapons, ammo and communication materials have been parachuted over Tibet. Tibet was just another case of meddling by the USA in order to weaken an enemy (which in this case was Russia and NOT China). To this day the USA still have a department for Tibetan affairs !
Upon seeking refuge in India, the DL called for the extermination of every Chinese on Tibetan soil so Tibet can be independant. He may have changed his attitude since then but I do not truly believe he changed his mind or his beliefs but since this is, of course, very subjective, let's agree to disagree and just face the facts I mentioned earlier.