lent him rant, it's his way of coming out to the world that he is uneducated
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-25 09:14:39 |Display all floors
Nephew_Pang Post time: 2014-4-25 09:09
Oh what short memory you have in that little head of yours!

Afghanistan and Iraq don't ring a bel ...

Oh, no if he brought that up, by all means. That I would understand.

Nings main rant however is about British colonialism....Not quite the same time scale, wouldn't you agree. Go look at all his posts, the majority are about Indian and American colonialism. That's my point.

Yes, I do dislike the current government for becoming America's dogs and getting involved in these wars, you are correct to bring this up. My "little head" has not forgotten. Just don't take my comment out of context. Don't make assumptions about what I am thinking.
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-25 09:25:19 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2014-4-25 09:10
lent him rant, it's his way of coming out to the world that he is uneducated

He and his ghosts will continue to infest the forum

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-25 09:26:58 |Display all floors
Nephew_Pang Post time: 2014-4-25 09:11
Mind you, his absent-mindedness of Anglo atrocities can easily be excused. The centuries of mass mur ...

He can be very choosey on what he remembers and what he forgets but past is past, let us get on with making a better future

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-25 10:05:14 |Display all floors
Nephew_Pang Post time: 2014-4-25 09:11
Mind you, his absent-mindedness of Anglo atrocities can easily be excused. The centuries of mass mur ...

I am not absent minded, and I don't excuse it. Again, it's awful what the British done both then and now. My point is, ning just loves to embark on racism infused rants. And if he wants to rant about how much he hates the British, something more contemporary that is more relative to who we are now, rather than who we were before would be more appropriate.

But, again, you just jump to many conclusions, assuming my absent mindedness without actually asking, taking things out of context.

I would say, if anything, we are less tolerant to such war and murder. Like I said, there was a massive protest against the war in Iraq (one I myself was involved in) as not only does Britain and America go wage war in a land that has nothing to do with us (Minus our oil interests) but thousands of innocents were slaughtered by our weapons. I seen an interesting set of statistics about Drone strikes, something like 60% of casualties were innocent, and that too should be stopped. Pulling the trigger from so far away just incites apathy in the gunman.

However, when people start talking about how bad we were 300-400 years ago, it's like condemning us for our past sins, sins that we had no choice nor say in. Condemns us for our current sins, and show everyone what we are doing wrong. Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, Snowden etc...all relevant topics. Let us British who are disgusted by our countries actions explain our feelings on the matter, you will understand that many of us do blame the current government. (They are not so popular these days and by the looks of things are on their way out)

I hope you understand my point. I really am not condoning, nor ignoring our past or our present. I am simply condoning ning's racist irrelative rants which are so frequent here. It's like inciting hatred of the British based on our history, and for me, a British person reading this, I don't like to think that maybe, someone reading this, would think we are bad people due to our past. If they want to think we are bad, at least I would wish it to be contemporary issues, then I can oppose them (the bad things the government done I mean) and in some way, justify who we are as a people and show that we are not all bad.
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-25 10:50:07 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2014-4-24 22:27
And the earth is flat?

Control theory

You know a lot less than I do about control theory.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.