Author: WhiteBear

[Recipes]: Best Chef Competition recipes - WhiteBear   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-22 22:06:02 |Display all floors
you created somethin so simple and yet so delis...great fotos great recipes these are the recipes that i dont mind to pimp dem off from you  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-23 12:53:04 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-4-22 21:02
Hmmm, well and deep cooked and soft cabbages in the UK is called over cooked

I voted.
Can you give some prices from Poland on loin pork, cheddar cheese, spinach, carrot, pototoes in RMB ?
So that I can compare the living costs in main cities in Poland and China.
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-4-24 04:00:34 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2014-4-23 21:14
shengshi Post time: 2014-4-23 05:53
I voted.
Can you give some prices from Poland on loin pork, cheddar cheese, spinach, carrot, poto ...

here is the quotation:

prices in RMB
pork loin - 25-40 / 1 kg (depands on quallity and shop)
yellow cheese (gouda or edam type) of average quality - 40-50 / 1 kg
yellow cheese "cheddar" (slices, as used in burgers in my recipe) - 8-10 / 1 package (10 slices, about 100g)
spinach (frozen) - 10-30 / 1 kg (depands on brand, quality)
spinach (fresh - in season) - 10 - 15 / 1 kg
carrot - 6-15 / kg (depand on season and quality)
potatoes ("old potatoes" - grown, stored) - 2-6 / kg (depands mostly on season - cheapest in the autumn)
potatoes ("young potatoes" - with the delicate and thin skin, can be eaten whole) - 4 - 20 / kg (depands on season - cheapest in the spring and early summer, other times of the year it is only available imported)

I would add some "tropical fruits" to the list...
- bananas - 4-10 / kg (depands on season and quality)
- oranges - 8-20 / kg (depands on quality)- grapvines - 10-40 / kg (depands on season and quality)

generally:
- homegrown greens and herbs are chapest from the late spring untill the late summer
- homegrown fruits (apples, peaches, plums, cherries) - best to buy "summer to autumn"
- since late autumn to the late spring - veggies and fruits are getting more expensive (because are produced in the greenhouses, or stored, or imported)

all the prices I posted are based on products available in popular stores like TESCO, Carrefour, etc.
it do NOT include "directly from the farmer" or (at the opposite end of the scale - most expensive stores)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-24 12:30:37 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2014-4-24 04:00
here is the quotation:

prices in RMB

I use the numbeo website to compare Warsaw with Shanghai and Changchun with Lodz.
Generally speaking the dairy and agriculture products, bread, coffee, beer, wine and rent prices are much lower in Poland while transportation, utilities, chicken breasts and dining out are higher than the 2 cities in China.
A system that cannot nip greed in the bud, this system becomes the breeding ground of crime.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-25 01:03:52 |Display all floors
shengshi Post time: 2014-4-24 05:30
I use the numbeo website to compare Warsaw with Shanghai and Changchun with Lodz.
Generally speak ...

When You compare - You should relate prices to the local currency (because locals earns locally).

So - simple factory worker (packing, simple assembly) in a middle size city  earns about 1300 PLN that makes about 2600 RMB... BUT... accomodation cost is higher that in China - rent of the 40 sqm flat starts about 1500 PLN, rent of the simple room (in shared apartment) starts at 500 PLN.

I would say that the living cost are comparable, if not equal (when You earn a local currency).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-25 10:35:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by shengshi at 2014-4-25 10:36
WhiteBear Post time: 2014-4-25 01:03
When You compare - You should relate prices to the local currency (because locals earns locally).

A simple factory worker in a middle size city  earns about 1300 PLN that makes about 2600 RMB?
Wow that's easy life in Poland. Maybe the young people in Poland are reluctant to work in the factory. They have more chances than that in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-28 12:01:32 |Display all floors
shengshi Post time: 2014-4-25 03:35
A simple factory worker in a middle size city  earns about 1300 PLN that makes about 2600 RMB?
Wow  ...

It  is not that easy - because when in China You can have cheap accomodation (500RMB for a one room flat in the industrial part of the big city, or even free accomodation in the factory's dormitory) - in Poland You haave to pay 500PLN (that is 1000RMB) for a ROOM in a shared apartment of few rooms with one bathroom and kitchen + electricity (up to 1PLN/1kWh), water, heating, and other services.

So I would say again - it is just comparable.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.