Views: 2080|Replies: 4

Young pregnant woman made cry by two elderlies for not offering seat [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-15 22:33:46 |Display all floors
Oh geez, another drama on the bus. Nowadays getting onto a bus is like getting into a battlefield.  You have to constantly struggle for a seat. I’ve seen a man viciously brush past a woman looking to get to the same seat. Oh my..

Another hit again..

A young woman who is two months pregnant was made cry by two old citizens for not offering her seat.

The story goes like this:

The young lady, only two months pregnant, is still in good shape. A 80-year-old man and his wife got on the bus later, but no one offered him a seat. He then noticed the lady, who appeared to the youngest passenger on the bus and accused her of not caring for the elderlies. She tried to explain, but the two did not buy her story. The young lady was finally made cry by their non-stop accusation.

20140411114841776.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 22:44:20 |Display all floors
Well, offering your seat or not, that is a question.  Of course it’s traditional in China for passengers to offer their seats for elders — we are constantly reminded of this via prerecorded messages on public transit. People who are against offering seats to the elderly have some reasons, for example, a long day of hard work. If you want to give up your seat, it’s more about doing what’s right for you as opposed to doing what others expect you to.

For me, we should always offer our seats to the needy for all of us will grow old and weak one day. When that day comes, we ourselves will benefit from the pratice.

But on the other hand, there is no way for old citizens to point fingers at the younger just because they do not offer their seats voluntarily. I've read a story about how a old man attacked a university student for not offering her bus seat. That's just ridiculous.

3_100806152957_1_lit.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-15 22:45:32 |Display all floors
Who should give up their seat on public transportation for others, I’d say, “whoever wants to.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-16 12:49:33 |Display all floors
utopis Post time: 2014-4-15 22:44
Well, offering your seat or not, that is a question.  Of course it’s traditional in China for passe ...

I do agree to your opinion~~
Once I  was so tired on the bus , fell asleep, but vaguely heard the old man accused, feel angry and No first time.
90% of them are polite ,  I think Whether old or young, people should respect each other!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-19 13:18:03 |Display all floors
Simple, don't take the bus.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.