Author: lt1322min

US warns China after renminbi depreciation   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-4-11 16:01:49 |Display all floors
TheMakerzBiz Post time: 2014-4-11 17:46
Gold and barter are solutions? Ha! Enjoy a 17th century economy, with all its shortages and hardshi ...

btw, not everything was worse off than now in the 17th century or even a thousand years ago. there were things that were indeed better than now, economically, politically, socially even scientifically... we should be wise enough to retain the best practices no matter what time they are from. just parrotting that we live in the 21st century or whatever means nothing in itself.. look at issues on their merit.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 16:53:45 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-11 16:01
btw, not everything was worse off than now in the 17th century or even a thousand years ago. there ...

I'm not sure if even the wig industry was better off in the 17th century.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 17:08:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by TheMakerzBiz at 2014-4-11 17:14
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-11 15:57
if it is to be artifically engineered, it should have a mix of currencies and materials from diffe ...

When you put it that way, I definitely agree .
Especially when it comes to a mix of both currencies AND materials. That could potentially prevent speculators from distorting the price of materials, such as copper or silver.

With that said, a wise investor today would spread their risk -- multiple currencies, perhaps some funds backed by materials, stocks in different markets, some property if able to buy, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 17:10:24 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-11 16:01
btw, not everything was worse off than now in the 17th century or even a thousand years ago. there ...

I guess being a man in the 17th century vis-a-vis women was better...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-4-11 17:27:59 |Display all floors
TheMakerzBiz Post time: 2014-4-11 19:08
When you put it that way, I definitely agree .
Especially when it comes to a mix of both currenci ...
With that said, a wise investor today would spread their risk -- multiple currencies, perhaps some funds backed by materials, stocks in different markets, some property if able to buy, etc.

not everyone is or can be an investor. People simply need to spend money to trade off their work for essentials and necessities, that is the biggest driver of the market and true value in the market, not just investors. Investors or their agents can cause distortion in the market value by speculation, dumping and manipulating. many of us are unwilling or unwitting investors since our superannuation or retirement accounts are invested for us, without really being in our control...
having truer value for things eliminates the disadvantage the normal consumer or even an unsophisticated investor has..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 18:20:58 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 18:30:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.