Author: lt1322min

US warns China after renminbi depreciation   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-11 15:36:52 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-11 15:25
to deal with crap.. we live in a world where most countries have no choice (or feel they have no  ...

And tell me what the CNY, India money, and Australian dollar are back with?  ANd proof of so.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-4-11 15:41:58 |Display all floors
TheMakerzBiz Post time: 2014-4-11 17:31
So then, in your definition, what is value?

Everywhere I go, I can easily exchange USD for goods ...

the value you speak of is an artificially engineered value. there needs to be something besides that. for a level playing field for all countries. So, for now, the true value is only what a country or people decide for themselves. they should be free to choose whatever they feel is of value. there is already a trend towards such with countries agreeing to mutual currency swaps, gold, or barter. that is the way to go until a more sensible currency/set of currencies is found that one country can simply inflate to suit their convenience
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 15:43:17 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-4-11 17:36
And tell me what the CNY, India money, and Australian dollar are back with?  ANd proof of so.

poor China, India and Australia... they are among countries that are trapped in a system stacked against them... it remains to see which of them have the will power to get themselves out of it.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 15:46:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by TheMakerzBiz at 2014-4-11 15:46
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-11 15:41
the value you speak of is an artificially engineered value. there needs to be something besides th ...

Gold and barter are solutions? Ha! Enjoy a 17th century economy, with all its shortages and hardship, not to mention financial bottlenecks on innovation. The fruits of the modern world, such as agricultural surplus and amenities such as public sewage were brought to you by modern financial practices -- or "manipulation" in a Marxist paradigm.

The modern world is artificially engineered, and it's amazing -- less poverty today than last year, and tomorrow there will be less poverty than today.

People today are free to choose to accept how much currency they want for their goods. A business can set its own prices, and if the prices are too high, then customers will go elsewhere. For example, if you go to Canada, people will accept USD, but often at a premium away from the current exchange rate. They are free to take it or leave it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 15:52:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 15:53:57 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-4-11 15:43
poor China, India and Australia... they are among countries that are trapped in a system stacked a ...

none of the above

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 15:57:29 |Display all floors
TheMakerzBiz Post time: 2014-4-11 17:46
Gold and barter are solutions? Ha! Enjoy a 17th century economy, with all its shortages and hardshi ...

if it is to be artifically engineered, it should have a mix of currencies and materials from different parts of the world to back up value. Having the national currency of one crooked, highly indebted (worse than plain bankrupt) nation with the strongest military with unscrupulous leaders is not the way to go to find the best international currency ..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.