Views: 7299|Replies: 10

Science Fiction [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-10 01:51:09 |Display all floors
Why is it so difficult to find Science Fiction in China? I'm looking for easier-to-read texts to help improve my vocabulary and I enjoy Science Fiction (SciFi) so I thought I'd try to find some Chinese SciFi to read. I can find translations of more famous works English-language works but I can't seem to find any indigenous Chinese SciFi.

Can anyone suggest any good Chinese SciFi? I'd love to find videos to watch.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-4-10 11:17:22 |Display all floors
With all the theories currently circulating here on CD there seems to be plenty of science fiction in China

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-4-10 14:49:43 |Display all floors
The Chinese often joke that China only produce historical movies while the US only produce SciFi movie. They explain the reason is because one country does not have a past while the other doesn't have a future...

SciFi is frowned upon by the government in China so it will be hard to pass the censure committee. Another thing is, to write SciFi one needs imagination, which cruelly lacks in China.

Finally, SciFi is usually an allegory of the society in which we live and it denounces it strongly, something that is not allowed in China.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-10 20:25:12 |Display all floors
MisterPanda Post time: 2014-4-10 01:49
The Chinese often joke that China only produce historical movies while the US only produce SciFi mov ...

Mister Panda,

thank you for your interesting insight into this matter. I know there is at least one series of books out there that I found recently, but I'm trying to find more.

I hope that the central government will lighten up on these restrictions - SciFi can be quite inspirational to technology - look at all the things that were predicted in Star Trek that have since become reality - flip phones, iPads/tablets, there's even a list floating around on the Internet something about "Star Trek: Accurately Predicting the future since 1966" or something like that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-10 21:37:19 |Display all floors
西游记
Happy birthday to myself

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-10 22:02:40 |Display all floors
Baron_xie Post time: 2014-4-10 08:37
西游记

I'm trying to pull it up now - it looks like "Monkey King"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-10 22:11:59 |Display all floors
Baron_xie Post time: 2014-4-10 08:37
西游记

Is there anywhere where I can download this?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.