Views: 15316|Replies: 49

It's time to legalize the sex trade?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-7 16:07:44 |Display all floors
Now more and more social actionists urge to legalize sex trade to protect the interests of the sex workers who are vulnerable to STD (sexually transmitted disease) and criminals. There is also the other pillar to their claim that they think any anti-prostitute campaign will finally end up in nothing as it's against human nature.

But some other insist that the advocators of the free sex trade don't realize that moral jeopardy to the society if  prostitution is out of supervision. It's more like a  genie out of the Alladdin lamp. Once you make mistake and you will never fix it up.

In my opinion, those statements from both sides make sense partly not entirely. What can we do is find a way to prove which side is more accurate . So we'd better stop the useless arguement  right now and to practice tests in some small areas. Thus we could shed light on the issue and make more appreciate decisions over it.

Lots of issues in China face the same situation. People keep arguing endlessly but no one would like to stop and make a second thought, how to solve it except the wordy Odyssey journey.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-7 19:40:34 |Display all floors
I think it should be legalized but heavily regulated, if there is going to be an overseer, it should be the government that has peoples best interests at heart, because pimps only care for themselves.

It is NEVER going to go away, no matter what social puritans living in a family life or those in a  bubble life (want to insist their versions of how people should live their lives) think about it, it really has nothing to do with them, it is the life of others.

Anyway, it is the so called bad girls (not really but some will look down their noses at them) that save the good girls (maybe they are in a family life and have high morals) from the so called bad men (not really, just have what nature gives all of us).

If there is no social closeness shall I call it, then men with too many hormones go silly and do bad things.

It should be regulated by the government and then there will be safety for the girls.

There will be tax too, this can be used to improve society.

My thoughts may need a bit of sanding here and there, you put who in which box you want to.

It is a draft proposal for the betterment of society based on my knowledge of human instinct and previous attempts at banning humans from doing what humans and birds and bees do.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-7 20:55:31 |Display all floors
Yes. They just need to get real about it and accept it as a fact of life.  Prohibition doesn't work anywhere, it just shifts the problem underground and into the hands of criminals.

They can regulate it and get some revenues from it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 10:31:24 |Display all floors
Three weeks ago, we have an discussion over this problem.
First of all , does sex trade really matter to morality? What the sex workers do is just trading part of their body and labor force (most of them are).
Secondly, do they have any other choice? Of course they can make a living by doing something else. But they would live better , at least relatively, as a sex worker.
Thirdly, which one will make things better, legalized or liiegalized?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 10:40:08 |Display all floors
NO !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 15:48:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-4-8 12:33
"Overseer... it should be the government"...

Major problem, hombre: The "government" already is  ...

Would you rather it stayed the was it seems to be now, when operated by sex slave trade pimps?

No medical checks, and a thrashing for the girls from a pimp with no recourse of justice?

There is nothing good about it remaining a shady practice.

The day I stop learning will be the day I die. Maybe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 16:11:10 |Display all floors
It is impossible in China

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.