Author: Anming

Do Chinese dislike second hand stuff?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-27 05:03:56 |Display all floors
Generally speaking,most chinese,I mean those can afford their life on their own,usually dislike second hand clothes.They like new clothes,especially girls,cause they want to be fashionable.If clothes wear too long,it might look out-of-date and make you embarrassed.But in fact,some sttuation are depended on one's living condition and characteristic.Some people are thrifty,but this good spirit is not so common today.About your second question,such place is few.China doesn't have some  institutions to collect clothes,even have,these institutions are far from perfect.I feel sorry about that.I hope my answers will be helpful to you~And thank you for your idea and kindness that want to give your old  clothes to charity in China~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-27 05:06:09 |Display all floors
Generally speaking,most chinese,I mean those can afford their life on their own,usually dislike second hand clothes.They like new clothes,especially girls,cause they want to be fashionable.If clothes wear too long,it might look out-of-date and make you embarrassed.But in fact,some sttuation are depended on one's living condition and characteristic.Some people are thrifty,but this good spirit is not so common today.About your second question,such place is few.China doesn't have some  institutions to collect clothes,even have,these institutions are far from perfect.I feel sorry about that.I hope my answers will be helpful to you~And thank you for your idea and kindness that want to give your old  clothes to charity in China~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-27 05:07:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-10 07:25:36 |Display all floors
I came from a middle class family and often worn hand-me-downs from my older brother. We never went to the Salvation Army Thrift Store to shop. However, I have no problem going to the Thrift Store to buy things. Some of the clothing is as good as new. As far as Chinese not liking second hand clothing, I would think it depends on the financial status and up-bringing. We all would prefer wearing designer or brand name clothing. Going to work or school and being labeled as worst dressed isn't the end of the world, but if your trying to impress someone, it may be...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 10:21:27 |Display all floors
Thirty years ago,when i was a child,my all clothes are second which come from my brothers and sisiters.But  nowadays when my son was born his all clothes are new buy.why? I think has two root cause.First,mang years before china economic is very low and family are very poor.Second,in china every family have many children.But nowadays,china economic keeping increase equal every year and every family have only one children.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-11 10:32:16 |Display all floors
Fred.Hui Post time: 2014-4-11 10:21
Thirty years ago,when i was a child,my all clothes are second which come from my brothers and sisite ...

Maybe it is because China's economic growth happened so fast that people didn't have time to think about their role as a consumer or consumption attitude. I come from Austria, which belongs to the most developed countries in the world. People have a very high income and the economy is good. Still, I was wearing old clothes from my cousins or other family members throughout my whole childhood. When I see the children section in some fancy BJ shopping malls, I ask myself, who is buying all these things?

Maybe because Chinese families can just have one child, they want him/her to have everything perfect. But, in fact children don't care about the stuff they are wearing, they just care if they see that their parents pay a lot of attention to this.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-12 14:34:51 |Display all floors
As far as I'm concerned, I don't like second clothes, for I feel uncomfortale when I have other people's clothes on. But for my baby, I am willing to make her wear other babies' clothes .But other babies must be my beloved ones , such as my nephew or my niece.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.