Author: Revolutionar

MH370 A satisfactory explanation. [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-3-21 01:27:51 |Display all floors
It's only conjecture at this point in time.

However a retired 747 Captain with over 55,000 hours stick time in a flying career spanning 6 decades has told me that Rolls Royce monitor the 777 engines via satellite and that theory doesn't fit in with the fact that according to his sources the engines were still operational 4 hours after the aircraft disappeared, thus scotching this theory completely.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-21 01:31:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-3-21 01:35
Ratfink Post time: 2014-3-21 01:27
It's only conjecture at this point in time.

However a retired 747 Captain with over 55,000 hours st ...

The fire theory fits the fact that the plane is on auto pilot with the engines still working....................................with a dead crew and communications knocked out and aviation still working.

after keying in the Langkawi co ordinates, the pilot was knocked out.

The plane flew on auto pilot and went straight into the Indian ocean until fuel ran out.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-3-21 03:02:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2014-3-21 03:03
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-21 01:31
The fire theory fits the fact that the plane is on auto pilot with the engines still working....... ...

Do you have any understanding of the telemetry systems on a 777? Or standard pilot operating proceedure?

In a nutshell, if you have time to switch the autopilot to a new destination you have time to call up ATC and or MAS and declare a fire on board.  No fire I've ever heard of has lasted that long on an aircraft.

In the interests of fairness however I have posted the link to several highly experienced pilots who will give their professional opinions on the piece.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-21 03:10:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2014-3-21 03:12
Ratfink Post time: 2014-3-21 03:02
Do you have any understanding of the telemetry systems on a 777? Or standard pilot operating procee ...

no other explanation fits the facts.

What I want to know now is................why the conspiracy to the extend no one brings up the fire theory for discussion. ?

Communications were cut, damaged before the fire was realized..............very simple explanation.

equally plausible.......................

the pilot must attend to aviate, navigate and communicate, in that order ...........................a senior pilot knows what is the most urgent task.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-21 03:17:27 |Display all floors
Do you have any understanding of the telemetry systems on a 777? Or standard pilot operating procee ...

every fantasy theory, CNN and media can discuss.

Fire theory is off limits.

think about that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-21 03:19:41 |Display all floors
  1. In the interests of fairness however I have posted the link to several highly experienced pilots who will give their professional opinions on the piece.
Copy code
no doubt talking heads recruited by Boeing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-21 05:33:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2014-3-21 05:39
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-21 03:19
no doubt talking heads recruited by Boeing.

None have any affiliation with any manufacturer nor are talking heads for any publication or business. They are senior check captians and instructors who work (or have retired from) for some of the largest airlines in the world, all are International flight pilots (ie Heavy aircraft), or work for manufacturers such as Rolls Royce, Allison and GE (engines) in systems integration and design.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.