Views: 4445|Replies: 7

Would you rather be a mistress now? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-3-10 23:17:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by DSseeing at 2014-3-10 23:18

There's an interesting statistics I saw from an article, which says that  between 2000 and 2010 in China the proportion of married women who have had extramarital sex jumped from 9% to 21.5%.

China's really opening up, isn't it? More women are following the Western style now?

In the recent past, having a mistress, or ‘xiaosan’ as they’re called in Chinese, has been a popular trend among men who take part in affairs outside of their marriage. However, today, many of the women who get involved with married men are actually married themselves.

It's unbelievable, isn't it?

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 20:45:15 |Display all floors
our culture has been modified,the concept of marriage become lighter and lighter

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-14 06:14:04 |Display all floors
Bad western influence showed them what they are missing

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-3-25 20:59:39 |Display all floors

I don't know why the factor if mistress is maried would make the matters worst?!
And in this particular case I wouldn't blame the "western influence".

Man having a secret mistress is (in my oppinion) a unreliable lying bastard. Absolutely the same goes for a woman who have afair with him (being aware that he is married).

Adult people should decide with whom they are with, or live in "open relationship", but NO CHEATING!

I know that "institution of unmaried mistress" is culturaly traditional in China, and comes from the times when a wealthy man was married because of reason, business and politic, but not love. Then the mistress was a lover... or "long time prostitute". And it was tolerated until she had married. Right?

Similar was in the western culture, but because of the middle ages and general influence of christian religion - it was made much more secret (if revealed - it could have ended with death for both of them, detention or public humiliation at best).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-25 21:06:31 |Display all floors
I think the Chinese women can now look around, thanks to technology, and see that they don't need to tolerate so much. Not that this is the right way to proceed, but they are seeing that they can be equal in many ways, even if it means sinking to a lower level.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-28 12:57:43 |Display all floors
In My opinion for both men and women should not cheat each other while they in a relationship . If they want another relationship they could choose broke up then to have another.. The best thing is to choose long term relationship with love .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-28 13:39:10 |Display all floors
No one want to be mistress,some of them may take notic to money,the others may take notic to emotion,because they don't feel the love from her husband.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.