Views: 6048|Replies: 18

What do you think of Foreign Minister's remarks? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-3-10 18:32:04 |Display all floors

Foreign Minister Wang Yi said China is determined to defend "every inch" of its territory and ruled out any possibility of compromise on historical and territorial issues with Japan.

"On the two issues of principle, history and territory, there is no room for compromise," he said.

"2014 is not 1914, still less 1894," said Wang

"I want to emphasize that instead of using Germany before the First World War as an object lesson, why not use Germany after the Second World War as a role model?" he added.

I wonder how Abe would response.

Did he feel the slap on his face?

Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 00:36:18 |Display all floors
Good reply to the gray power sector who hide in the fog and darkness
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 00:37:37 |Display all floors
I think it is not clever to make negotiations impossible. Now we have two sides who would lose their face when giving in to the demands of the other side. That leaves no room for a peaceful solution.

Hmm... if the fish were scared away and the oil reserves of these islands were made worthless (by the use of chemical maybe) it would put a different angle on the dispute.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2014-3-11 01:22:36 |Display all floors
Fischkopp Post time: 2014-3-11 01:37
I think it is not clever to make negotiations impossible. Now we have two sides who would lose their ...

Unfortunately it's Japan that makes negotiations impossible. How disturbed must a leadership be to declare that there is no territorial dispute between Beijing and Tokyo when everybody can see and feel the tensions.
Btw, there is an interesting opinion in today's 'Japan Times' by the former British ambassador to Japan, Mr. Hugh Cortazzi. He is a friend of Japan but still increasingly critical of the fascist nutters is Tokyo.

As for the loss of face - this was from the beginning a problem on either side and as we know will stay there for a long time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 02:20:51 |Display all floors
It was not my intent to defend the Japanese side. But it seems that this whole disputeis lead by two parties which were never interested in a compromise at all and either willingly or out of sheer stupidity pave so a way to a violent solution.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 04:18:04 |Display all floors
Japs are lap dogs~
they got no brain...only listen and follow orders from white man~ good for them~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 04:23:20 |Display all floors
I like to ask the Foreign Minister why he has given away China's mouthpiece.....
yeah this forum to the Anglos?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.