Author: Revolutionar

Putin tanks roll into Kiew   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-11 04:52:39 |Display all floors
I think Putin is done playing the bluff game and now he sees things as all or nothing.  In other words, he is ready to use nukes, mutual destruction or not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 04:53:53 |Display all floors
F111 Post time: 2014-3-10 21:47
I have no trust in the media, you and I have been apart of manipulating the media, it can never be ...

News are what other orders it to be
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-3-11 17:25:13 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-10 05:15
I would have thought that the IQ of a stooge like you was great enough to see that I was not tak ...

We all know you are a good little stooge of western capitalists.
You are merely trying to distract attention from the fact that you admitted you live in Europe, not China.
But most of us knew that anyway.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-3-11 19:28:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-11 03:18
Robber, I am gonna bne in Guilin in a couple of days. Shall I convey your greetings to someone i ...

You live in Europe and you've never been to China.
Have you ever thought of seeking help for your mental illness?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 19:29:31 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-11 19:21
Yes, Kieve is out of bounds for Vladimir. What right does a Kowloon sewer rat have to question t ...

the difference is between a Kowloon sewer rat and a Roman historian.

nobody expects a Kowloon sewer rat to talk about law and order and people's choices and wishes......................a Kowloon sewer rat's survival depends entirely on not being caught by the Cat.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 22:21:21 |Display all floors
No, I think Mr. Putin will not GO INTO KIEV.

Obvious - strategic thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 23:00:40 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2014-3-11 14:21
No, I think Mr. Putin will not GO INTO KIEV.

Obvious - strategic thinking.

UNITED , SEPARATED AND SECURED BY THE DNIEPER RIVER - THE SIAMESE TWINS OF KIEV AND CRIMEA.

Agree, originally, perhaps Putin would not likely want to invade Kiev.  But, if the Kiev government orchestrates insurrections within Eastern Ukraine against its referendum to become a part of Russia, or it the Kiev government actually orders its army and its allies to attack Eastern Ukraine, then all bets are off.  Putin may decide to take Kiev directly to end all the fighting, at least against the regular forces of Western Ukraine.

As long as Crimea is on the table, rationally speaking, one would expect Kiev to also be on the table.

The best solution is for both sides to agree that they disagree with each other, and that there is no possibility that the Western Ukrainians would trust a government run by an Eastern Ukrainian, and vice versa, and therefore, they should sit down and negotiate a formal separation of Ukraine into two parts, or of Eastern Ukraine simply becoming a part of Russia, if that is what its people want to do.

Insisting on an undivided Ukraine that includes a Crimea that refuses to bow to Kiev is simply insisting on an unconditional surrender by Crimea to Kiev, and that will not happen, whatever the pretext or threat.  If Kiev tries to go nuclear, then Putin will take that as an aggravated threat, worse that its claim over Crimea, and would probably take over Kiev as a matter of self-defense.

From a practical standpoint, all lands west of the Dnieper River would naturally be under Kiev, and those east of the Dnieper River would be under Crimea, as any other division would be hard to defend, and therefore be unstable.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.