Author: Revolutionar

Crimea, the people's choice.   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-9 21:02:09 |Display all floors
and as for the muslims in Crimea..............their status changes from an insignificant minority in Ukraine to a significant minority in Crimea. ...................................one way or the other , they are still minorities and is up to the authorities over there................
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-10 02:14:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-9 21:29
Yes, from the Ukrainians' viewpoint Crimea is being snatched back by Russia without proper negot ...

Seems like the EU is an organisation just for the " beautiful" people
The ugly ones need not apply.
Thought the EU has moved away from just a group of countries for economic purposes.

If I was a Crimean Russian ( whatever that is ) and my country ( which is Ukraine )decided that they want integration with the EU , my thought would be on the lines my government has made a choice after consulting its people, with the best interest of the people.
Might not like it , but can live with it, and perhaps think of the opportunities it brings my children.
That's me.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-10 04:02:06 |Display all floors
laincoubert Post time: 2014-3-10 02:14
Seems like the EU is an organisation just for the " beautiful" people
The ugly ones need not apply ...

This seems to be a common attitude in western europe - or so it seems from the media I have read.

Its age-old prejudices.  Anything east of Germany is not really civilized.  Not equals to western european countries...I don't know a time they ever were.  

Just think back to the munich betrayal.  It was seen as perfectly just to sacrifice czechoslovakia as long as that meant the germans would go east instead of west.

Its sickening sometimes and its so common people don't even recognize it as wrong.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-10 04:18:14 |Display all floors
Whatever your position, the West, especially the USA with its illegal wars and inteventions around the world have no moral authority to intervene.

Some commentators are drawing parallels with the Scottish independence referendum here in the UK and whats happening in the Ukraine.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-3-10 05:42:45 |Display all floors
yasawakic Post time: 2014-3-9 19:26
Taiwanese 78% do not wish reunification . "independence" is a word of warry beijing propaganda

Not wishing reunification does not mean wishing independance.

From what I recall on the last poll it was something like 60% in favour of Status Quo, 20% in favour of independance and 20% in favour of reunification.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-10 06:05:41 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-3-10 04:02
This seems to be a common attitude in western europe - or so it seems from the media I have read.

very well put

I think you articulated what we all suspected.
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-10 06:16:01 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2014-3-10 04:18
Whatever your position, the West, especially the USA with its illegal wars and inteventions around t ...

comparisons?

I think those commentators are paid by the number of words they write.
Just write write anything.
drawing a long bow making this comparison

How do the Scots like being compared to irate Russians?
ExJ.H

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.