Author: Fischkopp

When there is no more oil   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-8 04:20:56 |Display all floors
Send that question to Standard Oil or the 7 sisters and Rockefeller, he would cry for sure
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-8 04:39:33 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-3-7 20:20
Send that question to Standard Oil or the 7 sisters and Rockefeller, he would cry for sure

Every 10 ship tanker loads of crude imported into the USA from the Middle East, nine purchase goes straight into the US strategic oil reserves below ground.

When the Middle East is empty of oil, the USA will start pumping them out at ten times the price they were bought for, and be sold only to their Anglo cousins.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-9 03:06:51 |Display all floors
Magnetic, Energy-Powered Linear Transport System Created

Scientists at the technology company Novateq Guerrero SNL have recently announced the development of a new type of linear transport system, one that is absolutely clean and does not harm the environment. The system draws its energy in part from the permanent magnetic fields that certain magne...

Bingo!
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-12 20:25:29 |Display all floors
I think nowadays our dependancy of oil is even worse than before.

We rely absolutely on plastics, chemicals, etc. and all of that is made of oil.
Even technologies which are independent of oil usage need oil to be at least produced. There are the computer chips, the computers themselves, the additives to the materials like aluminium, the streets to transport the materials (made of bitumen), the chassis, the colours,...

Even our clothes are made of or with oil.

And since there is only a finitive source (Ok, it is renewable like diamonds) I think we might face a big problem when there is less and less oil.

I just wonder what will happen when there is less and less of it. Ok, war will most likely ensure. But then what?

Future like Mad Max or more like the series Revolution (without the tech stuff)?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 03:49:24 |Display all floors
you can make plastic out of plant  oil, shale oil etc ( my son works in this industry)    , but it is Expencive at the moment , Crude oil takes a few millon year to make, so it is not a renewable as we know it, the problem is money if I  devoped  a super efficent energy system, some one will 1 try to stop me selling it 2 try to buy it off me and bury untill they need them selves,  3steal it or have me killed, the problem is the wold economy is now OIL based, countrys and goverments will not allow any thing to mess up this  control of wealth, because a super effiiciant car train   home  cooker etc will not a) make some peoplle very rich b) keep peaople working ( for the sake of thew rich again ) the ecoimys of the wold have become locked  into the make things/sell things system and oil is one of the keys to this system       

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-3-13 03:59:04 |Display all floors
Gilbert_Ho Post time: 2014-3-8 04:39
Every 10 ship tanker loads of crude imported into the USA from the Middle East, nine purchase goes ...

Are you sure? Have you calculated the volume needed to store even one years worth of oil ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-13 03:59:07 |Display all floors
as an example i remember waching a program in the 80s    where engnerers had found that injecting water into an internal comustion engine at the right moment could increase its econimy and efficancy  by some 170% +  but it seems the reserch has stopped  odd that  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.