Views: 4625|Replies: 20

When there is no more oil   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-6 15:37:39 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Fischkopp at 2014-3-6 08:19

what will happen in the world and to the people?
How it will be shaped?
How will the lifestyle of the people be changed?
What do you guess?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 15:47:38 |Display all floors
"if" is the middle word of life. What exactly is the point of yabbering on about such hypothetical imponderables ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 16:14:05 |Display all floors
Wars will be a lot slower
Stan, you're holding a gun to God's head. I can't think of a metaphor that's better than this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 16:21:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Fischkopp at 2014-3-6 08:22
Newtown Post time: 2014-3-6 07:47
"if" is the middle word of life. What exactly is the point of yabbering on about such hypothetical i ...

Thx! I corrected that.
And what is the point in most of the threads here?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 16:25:55 |Display all floors
Oil

The next big solar flare could end "civilization".We won't need oil then.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 16:43:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ColinSpeakman at 2014-3-6 12:42

We got some clues from an earlier period: When there was no more CHEAP oil. You may know that in early 1970s oil  was still around $3 a barrel. It mainly came from the Middle East. Then the Arab nations formed a cartel (OPEC) to force up the price of oil.  It rose fourfold, plunged the west into inflation, hitting over 29 percent. It vastly shifted wealth and power. However it also made exploring and extracting oil from more expensive sources economically viable at the high prices. For example Norway and the UK could exploit North Sea Oil and that became a big boost to their economies and to global supply. Of course it spurred building fuel efficient smaller cars and alternatives to oil powered central heating. The world survived.

By the time there is no oil,  I hope we will have many clever efficient ways of getting energy. If these include globally adoptable methods that do not depend on resources in the ground or the sea that belong to just a few countries, this will alter the power plays.
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-6 17:35:08 |Display all floors
When there is no more oil ,war will become more and more and lights on the Earth will become less and less .......

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.