Author: cestmoi

China Supports Czar Putin's Imperialistic Adventure!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-11 13:56:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cestmoi at 2014-3-11 13:56
seneca Post time: 2014-3-5 06:58
Cestmoi,

You have put your case much better than DER SPIEGEL or any other Euyropean daily; I am ...

The E.U. would be barking mad to let Ukraine in.

Yanokovych was so corrupt he could displace Peanut and his KMT Nationalist from the top of the list, the KMT that wrote the seminal work on corruption and genocide.

As I said, it is just about a "done deal", White Russia will get East Ukraine, doesn't mean I have to like the way Czar Putin did it, walk in with his military and take what he deemed to be his, just like Hitler Sudetenland.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 14:09:24 |Display all floors
liuyedao Post time: 2014-3-7 05:44
?

Which UN resolution regarding Ukraine? Which one what China supported?

This is not something China cculd or should get involved in.

When Ukraine surrendered all its nuclear weapons, China and France signed unilateral agreements to guarantee Ukraine's territorial integrity. This was a few months before the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances in Dec 1994 involving Russia, USofA, the UK. Ukraine at that point in time had a nuclear arsenal bigger than the combined forces of China, France and the UK!

In turn Ukraine passed on a lot of Russian technology to China. As you might be aware, Russia has not always been forward in that department. Think back to the MiG21 fiasco.

What Czar Putin is doing is in direct violation of the Budapest Memorandum of Decemebr 1994.

This also raises the question, what is a mutual defense agreement with China worth?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 14:29:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by cestmoi at 2014-3-11 14:35
satsu_jin Post time: 2014-3-5 00:39
It was not Russia making the first step but the US with Nuland's (neo-con) comment about F@** the EU ...

Who is going to "encircle" China and how? It seems to me China is doing fine slowly establishing alliances where it benefits its security.

Czar Putin, your "clever guy", signed the Budapest Memorandum to guarantee the Ukrainian territorial integrity, and now he marches in with his troops.

The Czar needs Ukraine because most of his gas pipelines run through the Ukraine, and he needs the Crimea for his navy.

Not to put a fine spin on it, but Ukraine is crazy corrupt and the current civil unrest is along sectarian lines, Ukrainians with White Russian ancestry ( and I do not mean race by that ) pitted against Russians with Tartar ancestry.

That said, Ukraine has always been a bad deal, crazy corrupt!
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-3-11 15:01:47 |Display all floors
Just personalising the issue by typical western propaganda tactics - labelling "Czar Putin" (he is a democratically elected President, more democratically elected than Obama or Bush) and just characterising his actions as if he walks in and takes what he wants, etc dont really make sense. If one looks at what exactly happened one can see the reason behind Russia's (not Putin's) actions. One can more justifiably characterise the actions of the armed thugs who used violence, threats and removed a democratically elected Ukrainian President AFTER signing an agreement a couple of days before... as nothing but mafia like tactics. Where is the justfication for that? Those that did this are still in power in Ukraine and the west supports them without any qualms. It is only the mentally challenged that cannot see how logically Russia would react and it has done so admirably, without bloodshed, and still is willing to bring things back to the point of the signed agreement. One can see that the USA would react (with a greater certainty from looking at its past) much more violently and without restraint or scruples if it perceived a non-compliant government on its borders. It will not march into Mexico or Cuba to protect Americans, but American interests... Russia atleast has a decent case. I think the world has endured enough hypocrisy and a small number have started to stand up for what they believe is fair and right - not necessarily the ideal, but fairer and better than in the past. Good on Russia! Putin is just one person,  perhaps with a significant contribution. But he does not make entire policy and do all the actions, just like Obama. Atleast, Putin seems rational, logical and sticks to the point and issues in Ukraine, and Russians are doing the same, without adding a label to Obama, like you do here for Putin. Start debating issues, not characterising leaders with personal attacks. If Putin were doing the same for USA, he would be a popular leader there...
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-11 17:03:11 |Display all floors
Czar Putin's immediate objectives are clear now. Czar Putin, supported by China, wants to breakup Ukraine along ethnic lines and secure its naval base in the Crimea. This would leave Ukraine a land locked country.

However I doubt Czar Putin would stop there, since Russia's gas pipelines go through the Ukraine to Western Europe.

A bit like when Hitler annexed the Sudetenland then invaded the Czech Republic ?

The Crimea is majority ethnic Russian but it isn't certain they would vote for reunion with Russia given a referendum.  

The Kiev parliament say such a referendum would be illegal but the Crimeans say the Ukraine interim government is also illegitimate.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-3-12 01:04:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-3-12 03:05
seneca Post time: 2014-3-11 21:52
You are an Asian personality cultist - Kimchi of Pyongyang = good; Mao of China = good; you neve ...

you are, well... hmm..
most know you..
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-12 02:43:46 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-3-11 17:04
you are, well... hmm..
most know you..

And most know you too

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.