Author: sansukong

China: no one is above the law   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-4 06:10:49 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-3-4 05:54
It's an expression of humanity and matter of reason. The victims of this killing that convulsed K ...

If 8 people want to kill you and kill themselves......

.....isn't it more interesting to talk about the who and the why........then to suddenly turn into Overlord pets?

I have no interest in writing here as an Overlord pet.

It is no challenge to be a complaint Overlord pet........too shallow.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 06:32:47 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-3-3 21:12
Back to the topic: even thankless national leaders should not be above the law. But are they, or ...

China's president Xi has already made strong statements censuring or reprimanding rampant corruption in China, while taking steps aimed to bring the most powerful and venal officials to justice.  Rumor has it one of them, who repotedly a staunch backer of Bo,  has been arrested in custody, along with other high-ranking local officials who seem to have received back-handers  and even  have  mistresses.

Remember that local government official who  is  said to have written a diary recording his sexual encounters with his female underlings? It turns out to be that the local high officials that have been arrested lately all are cash-rich womanizers as well.

I think this conveys a message to the ordinary people that China's leaders have realized the deleterious effects of pervasive corruption on the foundations of their leadership as well as people's trust on their own government.

I think the latter one is decidedly critical for a  government-that is, the trust of your own government. In retrospect, the  seeds of dissolution  in every  chinese dynasty  started from the grassroots, particularly when collective disconents  or complaints were shunned  by the ruling elites or interest groups, who were mostly self-indulgent lotharios and prima donnas.

Remember what happened in Qing when it was being attacked by a mix of foreign soldiers. Lots of Han people were involved in helping the foreign soldiers build trenches or even climb  ladders, according to a Chinese documentary that aired  on a big-name Chinese TV network called 凤凰卫视. Why would they do it? Because Han people were being oppressed by Manchu people, who deemed them as second citizens.

Trust, consensus-building and shared values are the most important motivators in fostering national unity for any nation on earth.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 06:44:13 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-3 22:10
If 8 people want to kill you and kill themselves......

.....isn't it more interesting to talk abo ...

Do terrorists need a reason to kill people? Do you know that they also behead and throw stones at like-minded Muslim believers, including young girls.

Do they need a reason to justify their criminal activities? They just think that their ideology is the best, and other religious beliefs are merely the handmaidens of Islam thinking. I have talked to some Muslim believers and even have been ridiculed by some of them for not accepting their perception of other religious beliefs.

They are just balky Islam activists willing to do anything for their cause-that is, to build a kingdom that consists of  Muslim nation, including the nations located in Central Asia. Xinjiang, which is part of China, is also on their radar screen.

Turkey also has its own ulterior motives because Turkey is home to the xxx movement and shelter for xxx dissidents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 06:48:37 |Display all floors
They are just balky Islam activists willing to do anything for their cause-that is, to build a kingdom that consists of  Muslim nations, including the nations located in Central Asia. Xinjiang, which is part of China, is also on their radar screen.

Turkey also has its own ulterior motives because Turkey is home to the xxx movement and shelter for xxx dissidents

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 06:49:06 |Display all floors
I need to get a grip of myself as well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 07:20:58 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-3-4 06:44
Do terrorists need a reason to kill people? Do you know that they also behead and throw stones a ...

Sadly i think terrorists DO have a reason to kill people but they are killing the wrong people.  

Ordinary,innocent people dont deserve to die-thats the common people and many have died from terrorist actions.

The politicians who are responsible for foreign policy are a  worthier target.  I suggest.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 07:30:46 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2014-3-3 23:20
Sadly i think terrorists DO have a reason to kill people but they are killing the wrong people.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.