Author: sansukong

China: no one is above the law   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-3-4 00:58:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2014-3-3 17:06
abramicus Post time: 2014-3-3 16:15
That might be Seneca's happy hour, when he is posting truckloads of nonsense onto CD, and by virtu ...

I would say the server of this website often hits snags.  Sometimes I even have trouble logging in; once I got a tip saying the website you are visiting is out of whack. I have had similar experiences on my  visits to other websites..

As to seneca. Yeah, he is a cynic who gets the bang out of hitting out at the seamy side of China.  I don't agree with him  on some issues related to China as well.  Yet  that doesn't mean he is not a good person in reality. I think we really don't have to make a point of roasting each other for our different opinions on the same issue.

Believe it or not, it would be naive to think that foreigners who simply laud China or North Korea are upstanding people, whereas people who tend to find fault with all the social problems you find in China are licentious, irreverent and troublesome sorts.

This is just a forum where people compare notes and learn more about Chinese culture. We don't really have to get personal. If you don't agree with someone statement, just point it out. There is no need to utter snide remarks designed to denigrate your detractors.

I have been derided by at least several outspoken guys here  before, and I  also have also uttered in-your-face or even holier-than-thou utterances in the last two months. Worst of all, I was reported twice by someone here  to boot, receiving some alerts telling me not to bully the snitch in question.

Guess what? it was that snitch who resorted to name-calling first, and I had to strike back in a bid to show him that it would be lunacy for him to make light of me, someone who is much younger than him.

I admit that I take seneca as a friend, albeit he is not a China-lover.  I side with China on many issues, you know. For all our differences, I still think that you just can't get suckered into believing that foreigners singing the praises of China are friends of  China and foreigners castigating China are truly foes.

You are Chinese, so you must know that famous Chinese saying 口蜜腹剑.  Having said that, I think it would be more acceptable for nit-pickers  to do justice to the Chinese or Chinese culture. Above all, a densely populated nation like China that still has billions of cash-strapped peasants, it's really a thankless job for China's leaders to tackle all the problematic issues. it just takes time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 01:01:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2014-3-3 17:02
That might be Seneca's happy hour, when he is posting truckloads of nonsense onto CD, and by virtu ...

I would say the server of  this website often hits snags.  Sometimes I even have trouble logging in; once I got a tip saying the website you are visiting is out of whack. I have had similar experiences on my  visits to other websites.

As to seneca. Yeah, he is a cynic who gets the bang out of hitting out at the seamy side of China. I don't agree with him  on some issues related to China as well, But that doesn't mean he is not a good person in reality. I think we really don't have to make a point of roasting each other for our different opinions on the same issue.

Believe it or not, it would be naive to think that foreigners who simply laud China or North Korea are upstanding people, whereas people who tend to find fault with all the social problems you find in China are licentious, irreverent and troublesome sorts.

This is just a forum where people compare notes and learn more about Chinese culture. We don't really have to get personal. If you don't agree with someone statement, just point it out. There is no need to utter snide remarks designed to denigrate your detractors.

I have been derided by at least several outspoken guys here  before, and I  also have also uttered in-your-face or even holier-than-thou utterances in the last two months. Worst of all, I was reported twice by someone here  to boot, receiving some alerts telling me not to bully the snitch in question.

Guess what? it was that snitch who resorted to name-calling first, and I had to strike back in a bid to show him that it would be lunacy for him to make light of me, someone who is much younger than him.

I admit that I take seneca as a friend, albeit he is not a China-lover.  Yet I side with China on many issues, you know. For all our differences, I still think that you just can't get suckered into believing that foreigners singing the praises of China are friends of  China and foreigners castigating China are truly foes.

You are Chinese, so you must know that famous Chinese saying 口蜜腹剑.  Having said that, I think it would be more acceptable for nit-pickers  to do justice to the Chinese or Chinese culture. Above all, a densely populated nation like China that still has billions of cash-strapped peasants, it's really a thankless job for China's leaders to tackle all the problematic issues. it just takes time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 01:09:20 |Display all floors

I would say the server of this website often hits snags.  Sometimes I even have trouble logging in; once I got a tip saying the website you are visiting is out of whack. I have had similar experiences on my  visits to other websites..

As to seneca. Yeah, he is a cynic who gets the bang out of hitting out at the seamy side of China.  I don't agree with him  on some issues related to China as well.  Yet  that doesn't mean he is not a good person in reality. We really don't have to make a point of roasting each other for our different opinions on the same issue.

I have been derided by at least several outspoken guys here  , and I  admit that I  have  uttered in-your-face or even holier-than-thou utterances in the last two months. Worst of all, I was reported twice by someone here  to boot, receiving some alerts telling me not to bully the snitch in question.

I admit that I take seneca as a friend, albeit he is not a China-lover.  I side with China on many issues, you know. For all our differences, I still think that you just can't get suckered into believing that foreigners singing the praises of China are friends of  China and foreigners castigating China are truly foes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 01:11:31 |Display all floors
Above all, as a  densely populated nation lthat still has billions of cash-strapped peasants, it's really a thankless job for China or  China's leaders to tackle all the problematic issues. it just takes time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 01:14:30 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-3-4 01:11
Above all, as a  densely populated nation lthat still has billions of cash-strapped peasants, it's  ...

the words leaders and thankless job don't belong together.

It is the most lucrative job in the most populated country in the world.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 01:28:10 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2014-3-3 17:14

It is the most lucrative job in the m ...

The world leaders? Including the former President  George Bush? Do you call him a leader?  Do you think he would have  done better job  had he been China's president? It would have been worse. He would have been a president whose only dictinctive feature was his smiling or boylish-looking face.

You or me could have done better than him. After all, we all know how to smile.:loveliness::loveliness:

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-3-4 01:34:21 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2014-3-4 01:28
The world leaders? Including the former President  George Bush? Do you call him a leader?  Do yo ...

It is the most lucrative job in the most populated country in the world.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.