Author: vincent01

Is meeting the Dalai Lama a bargaining chip?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-23 00:55:56 |Display all floors
Why would china care about this?

The DL has a relationship with the US that goes far beyond china.  Do americans even associate the DL with china?  He doesn't live there...hasn't lived there since a child right?  So...he has as much to do with china as I do as far as I'm concerned.  We like him for other reasons that are totally independent of china.

So why should china a care about this?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-2-23 01:56:30 |Display all floors
english-learner Post time: 2014-2-22 00:59
Dalai Lama is responsible for crimes against humanity. To me it seems almost ridiculous and shameful ...

What crimes are these?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-2-23 02:01:05 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-23 00:53
I just don't get this.

If a countries biggest problem is self-immolation....is that really a prob ...

Why bother replying, do you really believe you will get any scense on this thread?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 04:08:54 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-23 00:53
I just don't get this.

If a countries biggest problem is self-immolation....is that really a prob ...

All state propaganda is by necessity one dimensional. Communist propaganda more so than others.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 04:29:53 |Display all floors
wouldn't trust Obama as far as I could through him. wonder what his true intentions are in meeting with the DL? one thing is for sure...almost certainly up to no good. don't let them get to you China, that's what they want, when they get a reaction from you it's like stripping you of your power, don't let them do that. if no reaction is forthcoming that might piss them off, and that's when you strip them of THEIR power!...just sayin' ~Love/Peace/Unity
in accord with the Tao : )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 04:47:31 |Display all floors
strom Post time: 2014-2-23 04:29
wouldn't trust Obama as far as I could through him. wonder what his true intentions are in meeting w ...

All state propaganda is by necessity one dimensional , yours  more so than others.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 05:36:56 |Display all floors
Having attended one of the Dalai Lama's speeches at NSU in Florida, I find a lot of oddities towards not only your claims but also that of China's. It is true that the Dalai Lama is a supporter of tibetan independence, and that there are sects of his religious group that tend to be more radical. But the man I saw speak was not the demon you paint him to me, and consistently has not made tremendous pushes towards violence of any kind, as much of the Chinese State Run media claims. Keep in mind something, there are several portions of China that do not, or did not, want to be under the Communist Governments rule. The western region, Tibet, Taiwan, are to name a few.

As for tibet, yes they have seen growth and such, but what many don't see is that a great deal of them were dispersed through government programs, to all corners of China, and hence they gradually lost touch with their own culture. Modern day tibet is host to more Han Chinese, to be honest. Such an irrefutable fact doesn't indicate integration of any kind, it is cultural destruction over time (Not like in Chinas great leap forwards or cultural revolution.)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.