Author: Laowai2?

International Air Fares [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-21 22:31:55 |Display all floors
chessgame Post time: 2014-2-21 22:11
a way to contain over population.trying to get rid of the crowds and noise.go don't come back.

Thankyou, I can see you are eager to make friends.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-22 02:38:49 |Display all floors
The taxes are higher in China.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 02:34:41 |Display all floors
RENREW Post time: 2014-2-21 21:25
Ok ,- let me know about their answer please & thanks.

OK here is the response. I hope this makes things very clear

With regards to your query, please be advised that the fares are subject to availabilty and are classified as per the different level of fares depending upon the restrictions, price and routing.
There are various factors under which the pricing for a specific routing is based such as the basic fare, taxes( variable, non- variable, departure and arrival taxes) and fuel surcharges.Due to this the price may vary from one destination to another.

Please be advised that the fare quoted online is based on the availability.
*** Airways website is a dynamic online system. As our inventory is being updated on a real-time basis, the movement of availability or prices is also instantaneous.
When the inventory of seats becomes open, lower booking sub-classes may become available in case of cancellations. Consequently, it could move up or down in a matter of minutes. According to terms and conditions, the fares are subject to change any time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 02:37:59 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-2-22 02:38
The taxes are higher in China.

I thought UK taxes including so called Green tax were the highest in the world   On my last flight the tax and charges were around 50% of the total

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 02:42:36 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2014-2-23 02:37
I thought UK taxes including so called Green tax were the highest in the world   On my last flig ...

I am not aware of the taxes in the UK.  But I have noticed that if I return to the USA it is always cheaper for me to fly in and out of HK than Guangzhou.  And there are many more flight options available.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-2-23 04:53:28 |Display all floors
Heathrow to Guangzhou RETURN
I don't know about Economy class but

Business class QATAR from about £1,850

Virgin Atlantic from about £3,200

BA might be £50 cheaper than Virgin

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-23 05:08:01 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2014-2-23 04:53
Heathrow to Guangzhou RETURN
I don't know about Economy class but

It wasn't the price I was querying, it was the difference in price for the same journey. Regardless of what their reply says I believe it is more a case of charging what the market will stand. I assume most people booking a flight from China will be Chinese?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.