Author: 雀巢咖啡

Should a woman propose to a man?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-19 20:00:04 |Display all floors
55021_312900_302370.jpg

Positive, Man

Use magic tools Report

June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-2-20 13:01:00 |Display all floors
If a man wanted to marry a woman, he would propose to the woman himself, why bother?

Following this logic : if a woman wanted to marry a man, she would propose to the man herself, why bother ?

Stupid patriarchal society who cannot understand a woman who takes matters into her own hands. The only reason you find this wrong is because it challenges your preconceptions.
Spreading magic around the world since 2007.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-20 14:16:56 |Display all floors
"Stupid patriarchal society who cannot understand a woman who takes matters into her own hands. The only reason you find this wrong is because it challenges your preconceptions" 

Totally agree! Why not woman can not propose a guy? I make the move to my boyfriend ... and nowadays we are a happy couple!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-20 15:57:32 |Display all floors
I don't see anything wrong with it, except that in China there is far more focus on and pressure for the guy to have saved up enough money for a house etc beforehand. I've seen this pressure preventing many guys postponing their proposals or even getting heavily attached to someone. Perhaps it's just me, but I see it as the girl effectively saying (because surely she knows about financial or family situation) "I know.. but I don't care and don't want to wait. I love you and just want to be married to you. The rest can come later", thus helping to remove all that pressure from the guy.

However, I do think it must take a very brave girl to do so. Heck its a brave thing for a guy to do, let alone challenge tradition and risk making the tale of that 'romantic moment' a laughable situation to many others.

I can also understand many girls 'asking' (but not necessarily proposing) in order not to waste time with someone that really doesn't have enough sincerity to do so later.
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-20 17:41:28 |Display all floors
He does not look happy on the picture. Like some one dropped some thing on him
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-20 22:43:20 |Display all floors
What men can do women can even do it better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-20 22:56:52 |Display all floors
bigbull Post time: 2014-2-20 09:43
What men can do women can even do it better.

i kno my approval is not needed but i dig your style, kiddo  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.