Author: ass-kicker

Romantic or weird? Man proposes with roses of money   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-17 22:23:57 |Display all floors
Whampos, well I bet he's now fully at the mercy of those greedy property owners.
So what will happen to this dowry? Is it all her's or does it go into the "family pot"? Does the girl's mum take it? As an expat the dowry system is a bit of a mystery to me.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-18 07:23:53 |Display all floors
summerecho Post time: 2014-2-17 18:37
we cannot blame anyone, the mother here, the boy here.  mother says this because parents want to giv ...

"mother says this because parents want to give the best to their children. and the boy, if he does not love the girl, will he do this? no ."

So if the two most important criteria for marriage are the secure future of the children and the presence of love between the girl and boy, will the girl ever fork over the money to her potential husband ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-18 14:53:42 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-2-16 07:19
Maths was not my favorite subject in school but.........

999 x 100 = 99,900 RMB   now

, this question flashed in my mind when I saw this news.  Maybe they lay on the bottom of box containing the money roses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-18 19:26:14 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2014-2-18 07:23
"mother says this because parents want to give the best to their children. and the boy, if he does ...

one the one hand. the money that the boy made into flowers are not given away, right?  on the other hand, they are in a wonderful age to enjoy life, what's wrong with it? they have the right to do everything they want .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-19 14:03:03 |Display all floors
summerecho Post time: 2014-2-18 19:26
one the one hand. the money that the boy made into flowers are not given away, right?  on the othe ...

"the money that the boy made into flowers are not given away, right?"

He is giving the money to the girl, isn't he ?

"they have the right to do everything they want"

My point remains that in such relationships of "they", it is always the male who is supplying the money to the female, never the other way around. Right or wrong ? It is "wonderful" for the female to enjoy because she doesn't have to donate any finances to this arrangement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-19 18:35:43 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2014-2-19 14:03
"the money that the boy made into flowers are not given away, right?"

He is giving the money to t ...

if they get married, will not they share the money?
as to your next question, wow, a huge queston which can start a debating, i think i would prefer to leave it there.
anyway, i would be happy to hear them those loverly couples getting married.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-20 13:22:09 |Display all floors
summerecho Post time: 2014-2-19 18:35
if they get married, will not they share the money?
as to your next question, wow, a huge queston  ...

“If" is the middle word of life : what if they don't get married  - does she get to keep the loot ?

Again your ignore the possibility of the female offering up huge wads of money to begin the wedding negotiations. Or would this be a case of "eating the soft rice" on the man's part ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.