Author: voice_cd

General views over Dongguan wanted!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-12 16:36:33 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-2-12 15:39
That's right.  I forgot about the buses.

I believe many Hotels subsidised the buses to get more Honk Kongers into their Hotels and it was a cheap and fast way of getting across the border, Lok ma chou is much easier to cross than Lo Wu.
I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one. George Bernard Shaw. Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one. Winston

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 17:13:41 |Display all floors
i have lived in dongguan for more than 19 years and i am still living in dongguan though i am learning in another city--GZ.comparing dongguan with GZ,i prefer dg for not only that is the place i grew up and bred but also it is a really nice city welcome people from all around the world.
speaking of prostitution and those leisure clubs ,i should say,if there is no market,no one will engage in that business,right? so kindly hepe everyone dont call dongguan as a sexual city ,chinese bankok ,sinful city stuff.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 19:34:46 |Display all floors
Having visited, been and seen "things" around Dongguan town:

This once upon a bustling township of apparel industry has re-imaged itself as a human hospitality service industry for fast bucks, especially during this period of apparel downturn globally and nudged by competitive attractiveness outside China. Its apparel trade advantages have dwindled markedly.

Shortsightedness of local authorities in power ( acting like little emperor in power ) is seemed to be the main problem facing such new problems emerging from a boring, dull and hazy industry; that is lacking a clear-cut initiative in navigating its growth potential along this southern Pearl River region into a newer Hi-Tech apparel industry coupled with Green_Environment in manufacturing and production of lighter industries.

Detrimental acts of certain official departments had been collecting unfair taxes ( as protection fees ) from producers and / or manufacturers without the issuance of receipts. So easy and sweet money will of course drive certain incorrigible guys happy and rich whilst the hard working and honest biz owners have to struggle with the downturns in businesses, many often calling the biz QUIT for good thus caving in so badly and painfully. That is the bad news of Dongguan while prostitution_cum_gangsterism industry is flourishing for the time being, only a short lived game play for the brave ones!

Alas, not just biz Hongkongers often call that place a "home" among homes; the Chinese Taiwanese folks being considered "sweetened" Chinese comrade folks, mid aged upto 75 years old are anchoring there as their main base of fun and relaxation for cheap bits: highly affordable!! Don't forget those biz visiting Malaysian and Singaporean folks too as well as local Chinese guys!!

Such official shortsightedness has helped to invite this prostitution industry to grow among the many "ugly" bars and social clubs to flourish into a "gangsterism industry" of all sorts just due to greed and underworld kingpin activities.

Wider and better roads were done up to look good initially; but potholes and humps are seen all over many new roads and streets filled with a wide swathe of dust and sand. What about those dark and filthy rivers running across the township? What seems so prosperous in a beautifully set part of the Southern Pearl River region among Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Macau is no longer seen as being perfect for biz growth; but only the local authorities with clean and upright power can revive it.   

What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2014-2-12 20:19:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2014-2-12 20:52

I have stated in several hotels in DG as I have manufacturers there, mainly Chang Ping Town.

My first visit was in 2000
I can't really give much of a general view as I have only had brief visits to other places in china

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-13 01:40:29 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2014-2-12 20:19
I have stated in several hotels in DG as I have manufacturers there, mainly Chang Ping Town.

My fir ...

Did you ever stay at the Hui Hua?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-13 02:44:10 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2014-2-12 12:40
Did you ever stay at the Hui Hua?

i heard this place is really bang for your buck...i'm much clever now in term of hotel i just stay in DG or even SZ but not HK (small & expensive)...and there really a place to shop  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-13 02:54:28 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2014-2-13 02:44
i heard this place is really bang for your buck...i'm much clever now in term of hotel i just stay ...

Nice rooms at a good price and the "scenery" is really nice too!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.