Author: JFenix

China Seems Extremely Sexist   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-12 13:00:33 |Display all floors
Old chinese proverb say: No excuse for being raped, girl with skirt up can run faster than man with pants down.

But joking aside, you really judge the sexism of China from this website forum? When most of the comments are not from Chinese posters?

As for sexist behaviour in China, there are many inequalities in how both sexes are viewed, yes, and there are many inequalities in how they are treated under various circumstances. Particularly, for example, in regards to marriage, divorce, or child custody afterwards. All resolved strongly in the man's favour - the complete opposite of the west.

The 'men searching women' example, and even this quote from an article on CD today about nude sunbathing in Sanya:
"During the seven-day Spring Festival holiday from Jan 30, many tourists and residents complained to local authorities that nude swimming and sunbathing should be banned, because the behavior is disrespectful of females and children."

Why is it only disrespectful to women and children and not in any way disrespectful to men? There's also a national 'women's day' holiday, and a children's day holiday - no men's day.

One thing that is nice in China is that you can buy a girl flowers or a gift and not be immediately faced with the 'Oh? Why? What did you do this time?' that so many western women will immediately think or say. You can hold a door open without them chiming in 'thanks, but I can do that for myself you know'. There is still a place for gentlemen here, whereas most in the west have been slain by the 'equality seeking womens-libbers'. But then mostly I consider that to be your/their loss.

All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-2-12 13:09:20 |Display all floors
Zoggles Post time: 2014-2-12 13:00
Old chinese proverb say: No excuse for being raped, girl with skirt up can run faster than man with  ...

I agree with nearly everything, the only thing I question is the holding doors open, when I do this in China I get many looks of confusion as if to say " why are you doing that " the norm here is every man/ woman for themselves

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-2-12 13:09:51 |Display all floors
Zoggles Post time: 2014-2-12 13:00
Old chinese proverb say: No excuse for being raped, girl with skirt up can run faster than man with  ...

I agree with nearly everything, the only thing I question is the holding doors open, when I do this in China I get many looks of confusion as if to say " why are you doing that " the norm here is every man/ woman for themselves

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 13:12:53 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2014-2-12 12:41
Maybe it is because English is not your first language but it comes across that you think women ar ...

Maybe if you can understand what I expressed in my mother language, you will not have any doubts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 13:18:47 |Display all floors
aaooq Post time: 2014-2-12 13:12
Maybe if you can understand what I expressed in my mother language, you will not have any doubts.

Maybe so but I am pointing out to you how it sounds in English and how I believe the OP will think of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 14:36:36 |Display all floors
Women view men in the same light, attractiveness first everything else after. I see it all the time in clubs, coffee shops, malls, librarys etc. If the guy isn't the best of looking or wearing nice clothes the women almost always rejects any conversation the male is trying to strike up with her. Therefore I say both men and woman are equally sexist
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 14:55:24 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-11 08:47
Its when you can't see anything else behind it.  

Having a brain is important too.

Typically, websites like this one just use  risque pictures  featuring scantily clad chicks or shawty damsels as their drawing cards to attract eyeballs or  unique visitors, thereby bolstering their  page views and raking in more profits from ads you find on their websites.

Many American websites have such pictures showcasing pinup girls  and  sequined celebrities  or luvvies as well, lady. You don't really have to marvel at such stuff because it's commonplace online.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.