Author: JFenix

China Seems Extremely Sexist   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-12 03:22:41 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-2-12 02:33
You're a total idiot who actively supports gender discrimination. Just go back and look at your, c ...

Blaming the victim for rape is the same as saying that all men are basically animals who cannot control their own actions.

Anyone perpetuating this myth is slandering the male gender.

Of course they can control themselves.  Its a choice not to.  If you are making a 'choice' than you have to take responsibility for that choice full stop.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 03:46:37 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-12 03:22
Blaming the victim for rape is the same as saying that all men are basically animals who cannot co ...

Where did you EVER hear me blame the victim for rape? What I told you is stop practicing gender-discrimination and start treating all people with the same, equal dignity and respect. When you create a more egalitarian society the chances of violence of any kind (including rape) will be greatly diminished.

I understand the mantra you preach here is part of your therapy to get even with the forces that caused your rapes. But when you try to get even all you're really doing is just giving those forces another chance to hurt you.

If you want a cause to put your weight behind stand up for people; Not women, not men but people. When you and many others like you start doing this the quality of everyone's life will improve.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 03:56:45 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-2-12 03:46
Where did you EVER hear me blame the victim for rape? What I told you is stop practicing gender-di ...

On this board, several times.  I can pull the quotes.  I think there was something along the lines of 'it only takes that one....that one guy'  basically meaning that women should look upon men as possible perpetrators instead of looking at them as men who are dignified and in control of themselves.  You have said on here that women should share responsibility of the rape and look at her own actions.  Yes, you most certainly said this.

The message is: if you are rape, its because you weren't careful enough, didn't wear the right clothes, didn't think before taking that drink, made unwise choices.  Or otherwise - it means the rape is your fault - not the rapist's fault.  He was 'just being a man'.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 07:21:29 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-2-12 03:46
Where did you EVER hear me blame the victim for rape? What I told you is stop practicing gender-di ...

Why would you think I'm trying to 'get even'?

I'm just trying to educate.  People don't understand just how damaging they are with the comments that they make regarding the subject.  I will not stand by and see this rubbish being swallowed as truth.

That is my only agenda.  Don't say crazy things like that and I will never bother you.

Its interesting too that you interpret my behavior (getting back) as behavior that is aggressive and offensive - attacking.  And that I'm attacking males because I have issues with them.  

NOT the case.  I'm attacking ignorance.  Females are even worse than males on much of the stuff I give you all grief over.  There is just not other females on the board saying things like 'you deserve to be raped if you go to a football party and drink with boys.  If I did, I would be all over them too.

Its ignorance I am attacking.  

And I'm not going to apologize for it.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 08:06:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by vf84tcat at 2014-2-12 08:06
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-12 03:56
On this board, several times.  I can pull the quotes.  I think there was something along the lines ...

You have a track record for lies and distortions. Pull up those quotes now or shut your cheap, shameful mouth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 08:13:25 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-2-12 03:56
On this board, several times.  I can pull the quotes.  I think there was something along the lines ...

I mean it jfenix get those quotes to me. Put up or shut up

I'm the one that has always preached treating men and women with the same respect. You're the one that said it's ok to treat women with less respect remember?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-12 08:20:35 |Display all floors
vf84tcat Post time: 2014-2-12 08:13
I mean it jfenix get those quotes to me. Put up or shut up

I'm the one that has always preached t ...

What are you talking about?

I'm the one who said that males should be able to search females.  That gender should not matter on who searches who.  

If you really want gender equality, than accept that *who* searches you, should be the most qualified for the job regardless of their gender.

Besides, your real intention is not gender equality.  You are on the defensive which means you are coming from a weak position.  You feel threatened by females and are looking for ways to protect yourself.  You feel like you are on the short-end of the stick being a male.  You think women get special privileges that are not afforded to men and therefor feel slighted.  Females, in your mind, are out to take your power away and you must do everything you can just to keep up.

That is your motive.  Not dignity or respect that you go on and on about.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.