Author: DSseeing

疯狂英语=鹦鹉学舌,英语口语不靠学   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-4-7 13:19:17 |Display all floors
Agree,as a Chinese,I think I have learnt many words,but my spoken English have a long way to go.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2014-4-7 13:22:07 |Display all floors
xuedongi60 Post time: 2014-4-7 13:19
Agree,as a Chinese,I think I have learnt many words,but my spoken English have a long way to go.{:1_ ...

No worry

Keep working hard
Life is what you make of it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-7 14:08:21 |Display all floors
You should practice every day and China Daily makes it easy with your mobile phone.  Text the letters  CD to 10658000 and you will get 2 messages each day for 5 yuan a month.  The messages are in English and Chinese and cover current news, entertainment, special reports, English conversation with audio and  the weather.  I use the service to learn Chinese.  You should also practice thinking in English by using the English word or words for everything you see.  Do this for 2 weeks then start making sentences with the things you see.  Good luck and remember that practice makes perfect or at least better...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-7 20:05:53 |Display all floors
I_am_Andrew Post time: 2014-2-16 09:36
Agree..
Making the ture sentences is really helpful rather than reciting. I have a daughter.It is a  ...

What is this word, 'ture'? I have seen it a number of times and there's even a shop nearby with that as its name but the owner can't tell me what it's supposed to be! I know that it's not an English word. Could anyone enlighten me as to what it should be? True? Pure? 'Turd'? 'Turn'?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-7 21:36:09 |Display all floors
Thank you for sharng, and now I am on stage one.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 11:06:00 |Display all floors
ExileMick Post time: 2014-4-7 20:05
What is this word, 'ture'? I have seen it a number of times and there's even a shop nearby with th ...

I think it's a misspelled 'true'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-4-8 13:20:15 |Display all floors
RiceRice Post time: 2014-4-8 11:06
I think it's a misspelled 'true'.

Once, can be considered a misspelling, twice or three times in one post suggests it has been learned incorrectly, and until pointed out may persist..

'Parroting' any foreign language is only useful in the very early stages, until enough vocabulary has been learned to adjust the sentences you previously just recited. From there, forming your own is the best way forward.

Simply memorizing existing sentences very quickly puts you in difficult situations and as soon as the person replies to you with something 'off-script' you are completely lost.
All your islands are belong to us!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.