Views: 36041|Replies: 292

Foreign woman detained after slapping 6-year-old at Pudong Airport   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-7 16:02:49 |Display all floors

A foreign woman is facing a 10-day detention and 500 yuan fine after she reportedly slapped a 6-year-old boy who was playing in the baggage claim area at Shanghai's Pudong International Airport.

1.jpg

A witness said that the woman slapped the boy when he was playing with a trolley in the baggage claim area and it 'scraped against her'. The witness, surnamed Tang, claimed that the slap was powerful enough to knock out one of the boy's teeth, leaving his face swollen.

The boy's parents and other members of their group, who were returning from Maldives, argued with the woman and her male friend who showed up later, according to Tang.

“The woman said she would like to pay the boy 50 yuan (US$8) to settle the dispute,” Tang said.

Police arrived and took the foreigners, along with the boy and his family, to the airport police station. Staff members from the French consulate in Shanghai also showed up at the station, suggesting that the foreigners are French.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-7 16:36:32 |Display all floors
I always enjoy when I see strangers lecture other peoples children. (or ather lecture the parents).
But of course you shouldn't be hitting children. (Especially if you're in Sweden, i'm serious, don't try it)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-7 16:49:39 |Display all floors
pantarhei Post time: 2014-2-7 16:36
I always enjoy when I see strangers lecture other peoples children. (or ather lecture the parents).

yea, hitting a kid is unacceptable. and offering 50 yuan to settle the issue is rather cheap in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-7 17:21:40 |Display all floors
Parents should also control their brats in public.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-7 17:33:31 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-7 18:11:42 |Display all floors
jay_dee Post time: 2014-2-7 17:21
Parents should also control their brats in public.

The kids are known as "Little Emperors". As parents are legally only allowed one offspring, they give all their affection to one little kid. Chinese parents often leave the little baby for the grandparents to raise, who always spoil their baby.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-7 20:17:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by hetula at 2014-2-7 20:19

10 days detainment for that? Crazy...
Of course you cant hit a child, even if they are terrible and the parents obviously not take care.  But this punishment seems a little overdone.

@magnetic: awesome argumentation {:soso_e128:}

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.