Author: ChrisZ

The 4-year-old Al Qaeda fighter in Syria shooting an AK-47   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-3 19:35:51 |Display all floors
we have to introspect and see what we do or our country does to contribute to such an abomination anywhere in the world. Many of us will not sleep easy if we can see the connection between ourselves and this kid. Its a shame on humanity, not one country.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-2-3 19:53:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-2-4 06:08

i hope we do not see this as an issue pertinent to only a country or religion. It is not a Muslim only issue even if only Muslims are in this situation. We have a brain and supposedly intelligence, lets use it to see how they arrived at this situation while considering the contribution made by us or our countries, not starting with pointing fingers.
by the law of karma, it will come to bite us, or worse our children or their children. We are humans first above all other classifications. No other creature on earth does such evil to another of its own species or shows such apathy, even if it is helpless.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-3 20:40:38 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-3 19:35
we have to introspect and see what we do or our country does to contribute to such an abomination an ...

*  sigh *

This isn't about a country at all!   Its about a child and anyone with a heart or who is a parent themselves reads this story and feels pity and sadness for the child period.

This story reminds me of stories from Chechnya.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-4 01:01:20 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-3 19:53
i hope we do not see this as an issue pertinent to only a country or religion. It is not a Muslim on ...

Are Anglos who have thieved and war crimed their way for the past 500 years since they emerged from caves classed as humans?

Just a question!
Overall ranking from the top in math scores are
1.Shanghai (China)
2. Singapore
3. Hong Kong
4. Taiwan
5. South Korea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-4 01:03:23 |Display all floors
Motika Post time: 2014-2-3 19:02
who will pay for his PTSD treatments later you ?

Get the hell out of his country, invader!
Overall ranking from the top in math scores are
1.Shanghai (China)
2. Singapore
3. Hong Kong
4. Taiwan
5. South Korea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-4 02:42:33 |Display all floors
Two years ago, the world has been warned......

Violence will get from bad to worse until Assad is no more.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-4 05:13:09 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-2-3 19:53
i hope we do not see this as an issue pertinent to only a country or religion. It is not a Muslim on ...

Why should anyone care about hurting a country's feelings or reputation?  Or even that of the religion?

Wrong is wrong no matter who the players are.

I understand that people here do think in terms of national pride and respect (whatever).  But ignore those people.  They don't count for anything.  

Its wrong to use children in war.  That goes if you are christian, atheist, muslim, american, chinese, russian, syrian or whatever.   'Who' a person is does not matter on this particular subject.

Using children in war is wrong and everyone can say that its wrong.  And no one ever should think of the country or religion first before making a condemnation.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.