Author: buddy1

China, Russia challenging US military power   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-2-6 06:14:34 |Display all floors
buddy1 Post time: 2014-2-3 03:49
eireanneach:

only now are the US realizing that they have pushed china and russia to where they now ...

It doesn’t matter what you do, or who you are, or where you live; there are no boundaries if two pe ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-6 06:15:00 |Display all floors
buddy1 Post time: 2014-2-3 03:50
Anon:

“I would venture to say, the United States is more present, doing more things in more places ...

It doesn’t matter what you do, or who you are, or where you live; there are no boundaries if two pe ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-6 08:00:21 |Display all floors
Chinese warships 'deterrent' against US military buildup

A Chinese plan for building several aircraft carriers is “a prudent course of action” which would serve as a deterrent against US military adventurism in the Asia-Pacific region, an analyst says.

“It’s [the question of] what the aircraft carriers mean. Are they meant offensively or are they meant in a deterrence role? This something is preventing the outbreak of war and it’s a good thing and in China’s situation it finds itself encircled by US bases and in a territorial dispute with some neighbors so it seems a prudent course of action,” co-editor of Dissident Voice Kim Petersen told Press TV on Wednesday.

“China right now is looking at doubling its aircraft carrier fleet to two which would be exactly the same as Japan and it would be many less than the amount that the US has. Given that the US has 10 aircraft carriers it should have nothing to complain about,” he added.

Last month, Beijing announced plans for building several more warships after it launched its first aircraft carrier, Liaoning in Dalian, two years ago.

Military experts say the United States Navy is concerned that China is accelerating the construction of its second aircraft carrier, according to Stars and Stripes.

“For decades, the US Navy has controlled the world’s waterways, in both size and strength. But China appears to be preparing to challenge US supremacy by accelerating the construction of a second aircraft carrier,” the report said.

According to US naval commanders, China is building a “blue-water navy” capable of sustained operations across oceans and projecting power far from home.

=============

DennisFRA:
China should increase the number of carriers to about five. Hopefully Iran will get their first carrier soon too.

ringo:
GOOD FOR CHINA ! just like the school boy bully The US gets in a huff when it looks like it's power is to be challenged.
Overall ranking from the top in math scores are
1.Shanghai (China)
2. Singapore
3. Hong Kong
4. Taiwan
5. South Korea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-6 10:43:44 |Display all floors
I'm losing sleep over all these reports of China building a little aircraft carrier. What will America do now....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-6 14:57:24 |Display all floors
The West has millions of intelligently innovative scientists and engineers, while China has none.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-7 04:47:01 |Display all floors
Isral.Goldstein Post time: 2014-2-6 10:57
The West has millions of intelligently innovative scientists and engineers, while China has none.

Senor Goldstein......como?
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-7 04:53:21 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2014-2-6 07:30
Obama's "pivot to Asia" will be more like a PIROUETTE to Nowhere"
Definition of PIROUETTE
:  a rapid ...

Wordsmiths might also argue that a pirouette is a double edged sword..myriad mode of delivery = pirouette

with Hades in the shadows.
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.