Views: 2789|Replies: 2

Ivory - finally a victory [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-1-31 16:19:00 |Display all floors
Recently Kenya had a small success in the fight against smuggling ivory. A smuggler on his way to China who also pleaded guilty because he was found with a 3.4kg tusk was sentenced to 233,000 USD or 7 years in prison.

In the past smugglers received often fines of less than one USD per piece of ivory.

It would be great if this continued. Even better it would be if the possession of ivory in China would be illegal (although I hardly doubt that this will ever happen since too many influential people here possess ivory)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-1-31 19:48:09 |Display all floors
IF the whitemen dont care about how many trophies they have then the animals in the safari in would be safe for now cos you dont see the chinese competin for trophies there (ask Corey Knowlton if you doubt)  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-2-1 00:05:53 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2014-1-31 19:55
The guy who got caught with the elephant ivory in his rectum was a blackie.
Chinese nationals seld ...

Ok, apart from the fact that in this case it was a Chinese individual who was convicted and that labour camps of Chinese construction companies usually play a big role in the trade.... why should it be encouraged to trade ivory from elephants which died of a natural cause?
How can you make the distinction between the ivory of a shot elephant and an elephant which died of old age?And don't you think that criminals would try to declare ivory from poached elephants as ivory from elephants which died due to natural reasons?

@Seneca
I believe you that there are idiots like that who are also members on this board. But I can choose to ignore them. As a matter of fact most of my Chinese friends were ashamed of some of their fellow countrymen who answered on this board.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.